• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Is It Wrong To Expect A Hot Spring In A Dungeon?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:42 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Selling a 1 episode OVA is rather greedy, could they not have included it in the season 1 set.

They also include a 2 disc set of the original sound track from the series, so it not as if one is paying over $1 per minute for the OVA alone.

Amazon's "Product Details" list this as only 1 disc, when the product images clearly show 3 and the image of the case clearly shows "Includes 2 disc OST". Apparently audio discs don't count, but it could mislead the less attentive.

Last edited by TheAncientOne on Tue May 01, 2018 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 5:15 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I am a fan of Danmachi, but to me it is not worth it to pay $30 or so for this OVA. It is a nice "beach episode", but I would have preferred if Sentai had released it as a DVD/BD combo at $20 MSRP; I did not need or want the soundtrack.

I actually bought the BD release of Is It Wrong To Expect A Hot Spring In A Dungeon?, but I did it in large part to support Sentai's initiative to release another stand alone OVA. And if Is It Wrong To Expect A Hot Spring In A Dungeon? sells well Sentai might decide to release more OVA's, like the ones for SNAFU, Shirobako and To Love-Ru.

if it was just the episode alone with ZERO EXTRAS, then i would agree. but the series does have extras and it also include the soundtracks along with it which is rare for them. at least their not aniplex of america or NIS America which would have made the DVD outrageously high for an OVA!

though it would have been worth the price if they had included both a manga/and or light novel of that volume. not the newest one, but the volume that takes place after the Goliath fight!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2