• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New to the forums, can't post

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:29 pm Reply with quote
@Correction/_Dog

Your first post contained links so it was snagged by the auto security feature as well. As was your original account for the same reason. However, that is not why your posts were never approved originally. With your first 3 identical posts on the day you signed up here with your Correction account you tried to revive a thread that was over 2 years old at the time, and just to argue with people over a dead topic. Including your ending comment where your snarkily infer the people you are responding to are completely wrong and you have provided truth. Those posts you attempted were made over 1 1/2 years ago by the way in Dec of 2015. Your next post with that account was not until May of last year. Where you once again tried to pick a fight with a user and were even more rude and condescending. That post was also not approved for obviously violating our rules on being civil.

Then you made the new account last month, and your first post was an extremely long rant, with spoilers, on Pokemon that had links. Instead of using the existing Pokemon discussion thread you made a new one. After review your post was edited by another moderator and moved to the proper thread for discussion on the Pokemon anime(s). You created the same thread again and the same moderator locked it and mentioned he had already moved your other post to the proper thread.

Your _Dog account was taken off moderation so you can post normally with it. I would suggest however you review our rules on acceptable conduct here given your past attempts at posting.
MinatoHikaru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:26 am Reply with quote
I have the same problem. Possibly because I put a link in my first post.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:49 pm Reply with quote
You can post now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JB_Gra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Hello!

I'm not sure if this is related to not being able to post on the forums, but I was sure I made a couple of posts before (I had like three to five if I recall) but now I just have two (three with this one).

Not sure what happened or if I was rude to someone and my posts were deleted (which I try not to, already read the rules for who knows how many times). Or if it was the domain change that deleted some threads and hence my post were also eliminated with them.

I don't usually post on these forums so probably it's because I'm a lurker?

Thank you and I'm really sorry if this was the wrong place to post my inquiry.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Your current handle is JB_Gra but it used to be JB Gra with no underscore in it. So that shows up as 2 separate accounts as it is not the same name.
JB_Gra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:19 pm Reply with quote
^^
Thanks, I remembered what happened.

At first I logged in with Facebook but at some point just used my email for traditional log in. However, I don't remember creating another account.

Anyways, I'll delete the non-underscored name.

Thank you again! Very Happy
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:52 pm Reply with quote
No problem.
Qualms

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Zero users are online right now, as the forum tells me. And yet I see posts made by people every minute or so. Is something off here?
Errinundra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Fixed for you, Qualms.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dian Z

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:05 am Reply with quote
Is it just me, or some moments ago (for a few hours or so), I can't login, and I can't access forum Confused
When I clicked on the comment section, I was redirected to the thread not found or something like that. When I tried to login, the same login page was shown over and over as I clicked the login button (username and pass been typed).

Anyway, glad it's working now.

PS: I also got the zero users bug too.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:06 pm Reply with quote
@Dian Z

The bit about the number of users online at a given time has been broken for a couple of years now.
thatguythatguy

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:35 am Reply with quote
Hi, I posted more than once on another thread because my posts weren't appearing. Could you get rid of all but the latest post and unscreen the last one? Thank you
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:53 am Reply with quote
thatguythatguy wrote:
Hi, I posted more than once on another thread because my posts weren't appearing. Could you get rid of all but the latest post and unscreen the last one? Thank you

Unfortunately that is not going to happen. While I am not the mod who personally did not approve them, a quick look at them via your post history shows that your post was rather trollish and full of flame bait comments. That is no doubt why they were not approved and why they will remain removed.
Crisha

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:07 pm Reply with quote
I sent the following PM to thatguythatguy earlier:

Quote:
Hello thatguythatguy,

You are currently on moderation because your first post included a link offsite (this is a feature on the forum to reduce the amount of spam from spam accounts). The mods looked at your posts and decided to delete them rather than approve them. There is rude, insulting language that goes against Rule #1 for this website.

The only way the post will get approved is if you remove the insults. You are also still on moderation because the only posts you've made have included insults. If you demonstrate that you can follow the rules of the website, we'll remove you from moderation.

Thanks.

willag
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hpilbog31

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I can't post too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7