• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Disgaea 5 Complete Game's PC Release Delayed to Summer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandstar

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:12 am Reply with quote
Oh for fudge's sake. What a trash company.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:50 am Reply with quote
Sandstar wrote:

Why? because they don't want to release a bad port of their biggest franchise? Yea disgusting.
Araki

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:36 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
Sandstar wrote:

Why? because they don't want to release a bad port of their biggest franchise? Yea disgusting.

Because their endless delays worked so well for YS VIII, right??
Sandstar

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:43 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
Sandstar wrote:

Perhaps you should go read the reviews for Ys VIII before you try to make a sarcastic comment.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Sandstar wrote:

Perhaps you should go read the reviews for Ys VIII before you try to make a sarcastic comment.

Ys VIII doesnt change anything to what I said. Disgaea 5 is still their lead franchise. And Ys is one game. Did Disgaea 1 and 2 get bad ports? Did Phantom brave get a bad port? If you say yes to any of these then ill retract my snarky comment.

Better hold a game then to release it broken.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Nisa Just keeps messing things up & it's really hurting their company image at this point. I love disgaea and Honestly I expect better from a company that handles the localization of the series exclusively

Side Note: From what I've heard the demo actually contains the full game if you hex-edit the damn code. That's not a smart move on NISA part because to those people who already received the demo can now play the full game, including all of the DLC. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GundamZX

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 4:54 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:

Ys VIII doesnt change anything to what I said. Disgaea 5 is still their lead franchise. And Ys is one game. Did Disgaea 1 and 2 get bad ports? Did Phantom brave get a bad port? If you say yes to any of these then ill retract my snarky comment.

Funny you mention Disgaea 1. I'm not a pc gamer by any means but Disgaea 1 was known to contain a bunch of bugs and crashes when it was released. They fixed it with patches.
MCAL

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:15 pm Reply with quote
GundamZX wrote:

Funny you mention Disgaea 1. I'm not a pc gamer by any means but Disgaea 1 was known to contain a bunch of bugs and crashes when it was released. They fixed it with patches.

Didn't one of the Disgaea games have a bug that could brick your console? I know it was a game localized by NISA at least.
Sandstar

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:56 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:

Then why did they release ys VIII in a broken state?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Let's get back on topic and watch the massive excessive quoting please.
Vannil

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:32 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
Sandstar wrote:

The initial release for Disgaea 1 for pc was horrendous. It took NISA a while to get things fixed. source: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/02/25/disgaea-pc-bad-port/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1