• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BanG Dream! Anime Gets 2nd, 3rd Seasons

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazaking

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:22 am Reply with quote
Welp, it's CG. Guess you can just watch it like an extended game cutscene?
Wtv

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:30 am Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Kind of wondering how this dribble gets 2 more season when it was so generic and easily forgettable

The game's writing is pretty good.
The first anime wasn't much of a success. The game is one of the most popular in Japan right now, so it makes sense.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:32 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:
Afezeria wrote:
Great news but the last article put me in a downer. Please, for the love of God, do not put the existence of the male band side of this franchise into this new anime whatsoever, not even a goddamn cameo. You got a lot more title with all boys band out there, there's no need to put that in here as well, unless of course, since fujoshi is on the rise afterall, you gotta bank in to get that sweet, sweet, juicy money. If that is so, I know what else not to look forward to in the future. Call me simple minded or ignorant, this is just my standing on this matter.

Lol at people crying "DONT TARNISH MUH FRANCHISE", when this entire franchise is just a Love Live rip-off.

I'm sorry but ..... what? Do you think Love Live is the first Idol anime franchise or something? BanG Dream at least tried something different by giving them real instruments to play (which they do a fantastic job of in live concerts).

Never watched the anime in the first place, and will never plan on watching it. But I don't really think adding an instrument will make it that different from your generic idolcrap anime. I'll bet that if the instruments were removed with some minor change in the premise, then it will be 90% similar to at least one of the existing plethora of idolcrap anime like Locodol, Love Live, Idol Incidents, etc. Also, I don't get why the announcement of an all-male group for the BanG Dream franchise riles some people up. The sequels as well as the creation of the all-male group are just lame attempts to milk the franchise further.
yurigasaki

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:44 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
The sequels as well as the creation of the all-male group are just lame attempts to milk the franchise further.

Wtv

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Never watched the anime in the first place, and will never plan on watching it. But I don't really think adding an instrument will make it that different from your generic idolcrap anime. I'll bet that if the instruments were removed with some minor change in the premise, then it will be 90% similar to at least one of the existing plethora of idolcrap anime like Locodol, Love Live, Idol Incidents, etc. Also, I don't get why the announcement of an all-male group for the BanG Dream franchise riles some people up. The sequels as well as the creation of the all-male group are just lame attempts to milk the franchise further.

Just saying you shouldn't talk about things you never watched.
Although I guess people just want to trash idol shows, even if they don't have any arguments.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Good news, another season was predictable but didn't see coming the 2 seasons announcement .
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Wtv wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:

Just saying you shouldn't talk about things you never watched.
Although I guess people just want to trash idol shows, even if they don't have any arguments.

If I may interject, he does the exact same thing with ecchi and fanservice shows and it honestly doesn’t surprise me that he’s pulling this again here.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I kinda liked the first season, though I sorta stopped paying attention to what was going on somewhere in the middle. Doubt that matters though. Might try a little of the second season, see if it keeps my attention
Shinuki

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Reading some of these comments, and i thought that the japanese idol fans were the one with big problems...
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Oh look another Love Live rip off... and its geting tons of sequels.

Wow that sounds amaz... zzz
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:35 am Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
Oh look another Love Live rip off... and its geting tons of sequels.

Wow that sounds amaz... zzz

How can it be a Love Live rip off when Love Live does not have its own male idol group unlike this one? If anything, BanG Dream should be called Idolm@ster: Band Edition.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2