• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hollywood Live-Action Monster Hunter Film Features Milla Jovovich, Starts Production in Septem

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:28 am Reply with quote
The fact that they put the monsters in our world instead of the games' fantasy world already lets me know it's gonna be bad.
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:37 am Reply with quote
This is going to be so bad that it's not even funny anymore.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:39 am Reply with quote
Wow... this would be PERFECT material for the Ryan Reynolds Detective Pikachu movie's trailer, just like the Justice League movie was for Deadpool 2.

"Wait... stop! What in the actual ash... !? EEVEE!!! Why is the performance capture not done? It's a kids' movie, it's not like those Mila Jovovich movies that have nothing to do with the original games! Aw... shock it, I'll do it myself."
Stevangelion

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:45 am Reply with quote
Oh awesome…. Another franchise for Milla Jovovich and her hack director husband to rape and ruin. Just look at the wonderfully horrendous shitstorm of their Resident Evil movies for confirmation on just how bad an idea this is.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:48 am Reply with quote
Well it can't be worse then Dungeon Siege.
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:05 am Reply with quote
I've never played Monster Hunter so I don't know for sure. Does any of monster hunter game set in modern world? Every game play or images I've seen of MH always set in fantasy world.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:20 am Reply with quote
omegaproxy wrote:
I've never played Monster Hunter so I don't know for sure. Does any of monster hunter game set in modern world? Every game play or images I've seen of MH always set in fantasy world.

Cause they are not - MonHun was always the fantasy. And I don't think they are plan to make it looks like God Eater either.
LaytonPuzzle27

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:49 am Reply with quote
Do want to know why bad movies become successful the answer is stupidity. If everyone had been more speak with your wallet then films made by Micheal Bay, Roland Emmerich and other horrible movie directors would had crashed and burn easily.
Mhora

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:01 am Reply with quote
Stevangelion wrote:
Oh awesome…. Another franchise for Milla Jovovich and her hack director husband to rape and ruin. Just look at the wonderfully horrendous shitstorm of their Resident Evil movies for confirmation on just how bad an idea this is.
Say you. The RE movie franchise made a ton of money and gave many a hell of a good time. So salty it stings.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:30 am Reply with quote
omegaproxy wrote:

IIRC there's evidence that MHW does take place on Earth (a map of earth in the game). Alternate Earth at the best, though. Regardless, this gonna be bad.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:53 am Reply with quote
It's amazing at how Anderson can take what should at least be hilariously goofy shlock and turn it into boring pablum. All his movies are just so boring and dull. This is going to be awful.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:53 am Reply with quote
LaytonPuzzle27 wrote:
Do want to know why bad movies become successful the answer is stupidity. If everyone had been more speak with your wallet then films made by Micheal Bay, Roland Emmerich and other horrible movie directors would had crashed and burn easily.

Don't know if you know this but opening your wallet is the same as keeping your wallet closed. Basically audiences choosing to pay money to see a film from a specifc director tells the studios that they want more films from that same director hence why Directors like Bay and Emmerich have been around for so long.

And really those guys are no worse than Wes Anderson or Uwe Boll.

Last edited by BadNewsBlues on Sat May 12, 2018 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:05 am Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
The fact that they put the monsters in our world instead of the games' fantasy world already lets me know it's gonna be bad.

Not so much "Somebody thought Rampage would be a hit"--
As that I read "Milla Jovovich" in the headline, and IMMEDIATELY guessed ahead of time whether Capcom, Sony and the Resident Evil producers were behind it, as a new substitute replacement for the recently retired (and not yet "rebooted") house franchise.

I opened the article, and was already correct for 2 out of 3. Confused
If they do get Sony, and Paul WS Anderson to direct, you have no more reason to ask "why?"
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:12 am Reply with quote
Milla Jovovich?

No. Just...no.
Primus

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:31 pm Reply with quote
If they don't set it in the present day, how else is Sony supposed to shoehorn in shameless product placement? Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3