• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Licenses One-Punch Man Season 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:56 pm Reply with quote
If they have already licensed it, and the first episode is being screened in August, a Fall 2018 release seems likely.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:01 pm Reply with quote
... and it will stream on netflix, simulcasted in half of the world except north america, third season will be announced after the credits of the last episode. El Psy Congroo :p
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:03 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
... and it will stream on netflix, simulcasted in half of the world except north america, third season will be announced after the credits of the last episode. El Psy Congroo :p
It won't be a Netflix exclusive, the license includes streaming.
AceLuffy4Ever

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Please tell me this means, that we will have the dub while the original is still airing
Friki del Mal

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:35 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:

...and Latin America, since Viz Media doesn't work with Crunchyroll. The most probably is that OPM S2 ends broadcasting on Netflix.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm hopeful that the dub will still be produced after the season has finished, so that it can get the time and effort that season 1 dub got.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:44 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
If they have already licensed it, and the first episode is being screened in August, a Fall 2018 release seems likely.

thats kinda worrying, cause it looks like J.C. Staff is putting there big animators on "angels of death" this summer, and that might affect One-punch man's quality if its airing so soon after... though if they outsource the animators to the same animators that worked on season one then I guess it wouldn't affect it that much.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:24 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:

Nice troll. I would put my bet on a weekly Hulu stream, but that only covers the US, so I’m not sure where they would stream it internationally.
Spawn29

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:37 pm Reply with quote
I would imagine the dub will probably be on Toonami sometime later on.
emory

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:27 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
mangamuscle wrote:

Nice troll. I would put my bet on a weekly Hulu stream, but that only covers the US, so I’m not sure where they would stream it internationally.

Yeah. Season one was simulcast on Daisuki. We may have a problem here.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Some of Viz's simulcasts have streamed on Tubi in addition to Hulu. Of course, I've got no idea on what other regions they cover beyond Canada and the US.
Brack

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:32 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Some of Viz's simulcasts have streamed on Tubi in addition to Hulu. Of course, I've got no idea on what other regions they cover beyond Canada and the US.

Tubi has some anime outside Canada and the US, but not Viz anime.

More concerning should be the fact that Viz picked up this season's Captain Tsubasa for streaming (including European rights) and have yet to find a place to stream it.

Still, look on the bright side, if OPM season 2 doesn't stream anywhere we can't be disappointed by it.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:34 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Brack"]
Primus wrote:
More concerning should be the fact that Viz picked up this season's Captain Tsubasa for streaming (including European rights) and have yet to find a place to stream it.

I think it would be more correct to say that they are in no hurry whatsoever in their negotiations. Look at how long it took for cartoon network (or televisa here in mexico) to add Dragonball Super to their lineup. Simulcast and cable/TV broadcast have totally different speed gears.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:52 am Reply with quote
AoA did itt with DRRR's 2nd-4th seasons. Sentai Filmworks is just starting out with this approach and Funi has the practice down to a science. I am curious if Viz is willing to try the simuldub route.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:43 pm Reply with quote
You guys really think it will be on Netflix!? Hahahaha!! I'm thinking Viz will finally do a simuldub, and it will end up on Toonami just like it's predecessor!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1