• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Strawberry Panic Blu-ray Listed for June From Media Blasters

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:46 pm Reply with quote
If SP can get a BD release, then so should Kannazuki no Miko! (Destiny of Shrine Maiden)

Make it happen, Sentai!
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm still a bit bitter that they yanked my pre-order of the Yami to Boushi blu-ray and put that on indefinite hiatus. I'll wait until it's close to release to take a look at buying.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Just when you think they're gone for good, Media Blasters comes out with one more release. But this seems to be even smaller than the "one guy selling DVDs and BDs out of the back of a car" that I imagined when they announced they were dubbing Rainbow Gate.

No real announcement here, presumably no dub... they're beyond being on life support, they're now more like a zombie company. Slow, predictable, kind of pathetic in a way.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait to have this in my hands in April 2021!
katscradle

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Hmm… Strawberry Panic was a title they reprinted with DVD-Rs right? It wasn’t released that way to begin with correct? I stopped buying Media Blasters DVD releases around 2013, but SP isn’t one in my collection. Since Seven Seas have been releasing the novels in digital format I guess this is good timing. Still, I think the only title left out of MB's catalogue I want is Yamibo. The BD was scheduled for last year then the date was pushed and retailers canceled orders. I felt like it was kind of a miracle Kite and Ai no Kusabi came out again last year. (The English dub for the latter is actually very good.)

Heishi wrote:
If SP can get a BD release, then so should Kannazuki no Miko! (Destiny of Shrine Maiden)

Make it happen, Sentai!

Now that you mention it I don’t think it’s even shown up on HIDIVE. Lucky I guess I have the limited edition release from ages ago. It should be re-released.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:40 pm Reply with quote
If they managed to secure the rights to a blu-ray release, they should also have the streaming rights, hope the series streams before they BD release ... for scientific purposes of course Cool
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:47 pm Reply with quote
nice. Think i'll upgrade once its released
CatSword

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Place your bets right now for when this actually comes out. Next year?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:34 pm Reply with quote
katscradle wrote:

Now that you mention it I don’t think it’s even shown up on HIDIVE. Lucky I guess I have the limited edition release from ages ago. It should be re-released.

It’s been on HiDive since they launched. It’s under “Destiny of the Shrine Maiden”. I can’t find anything about a Japanese Bluray, so I doubt Sentai could do one until that happens. Of course, there have been a few exceptions to that rule, so it’s hard to say.
jenthehen

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Simoun next! One of the most under-appreciated shows out there!
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:35 pm Reply with quote
One of the golden gems of yuri animation. I wish we can have more two-cour yuri anime like Strawberry Panic in this generation.
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:14 pm Reply with quote
katscradle wrote:
Hmm… Strawberry Panic was a title they reprinted with DVD-Rs right? It wasn’t released that way to begin with correct? I stopped buying Media Blasters DVD releases around 2013, but SP isn’t one in my collection. Since Seven Seas have been releasing the novels in digital format I guess this is good timing. Still, I think the only title left out of MB's catalogue I want is Yamibo. The BD was scheduled for last year then the date was pushed and retailers canceled orders. I felt like it was kind of a miracle Kite and Ai no Kusabi came out again last year. (The English dub for the latter is actually very good.)

Heishi wrote:

Make it happen, Sentai!

I checked and it has, but only in dubbed which kinda pisses me off.
I have both the box set from Geneon and the Sentai re-release.
But yes, if this series came to Blu-Ray, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. First series I would have to be very proud to own on Blu-Ray along with Attack on Titan. A golden gem of yuri animation as John Hayabusa would put it.
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:09 am Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
katscradle wrote:

Heishi wrote:

Make it happen, Sentai!

I checked and it has, but only in dubbed which kinda pisses me off.
I have both the box set from Geneon and the Sentai re-release.
But yes, if this series came to Blu-Ray, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. First series I would have to be very proud to own on Blu-Ray along with Attack on Titan. A golden gem of yuri animation as John Hayabusa would put it.

Amen. I have the re-release from Sentai, yet at one point, had the single DVDs that had the extra art cells included. Still have those boards too, the DVDs, no, since they got lost in some moving. SP, by the time I got to watch it, was discontinued for some reason. They had announced a complete series set, then yanked it off. As for AoT, I've gotta get the second season...had some money problems, so couldn't get it. lol It's still at the store thankfully.
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:19 am Reply with quote
This is quite the surprise. Count me in for a double dip with a blu-ray version.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:27 am Reply with quote
katscradle wrote:

Heishi wrote:

Make it happen, Sentai!

Yea you dont buy their DVD releases. All are DVD-R ans most of them are unplayable on normal DVD players. Only on pc it might work IF they actually put the right disc data on the disk.... I learned it the hard way.... Kanokon and Ladies versus butlers are unplayable.... byebye 60 bucks. The blurays should be fine i guess...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2