• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Anime's 1st Teaser Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robiii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:49 am Reply with quote
The manga debuted in Feb 2016 and a little over 2 years later it already has an anime coming soon. If that aint awesome I dont know what is
青白

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:56 am Reply with quote
All I need to know is that ufotable is doing this anime.
Joba

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:30 am Reply with quote
Robiii wrote:
The manga debuted in Feb 2016 and a little over 2 years later it already has an anime coming soon. If that aint awesome I dont know what is

It's actually quite expected. Most of the recent Jump manga have been getting anime adaptation after 2-3 years of serialisation. It was also the same case with The Promised Neverland, Hero Academia, Haikyuu, Black Clover, Food Wars.

Perhaps, we'll get Dr Stone, Robot x Laserbeam or We Never Learn anime announced in 2018....
Merxamers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:20 am Reply with quote
My first reaction is "UFOtable's stuff always looks great!", but then i remember that a lot of their shows tend to have production issues towards the end. I'll stay optimistic, but cautiously so.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:23 am Reply with quote
Lol I got a star wars "Solo" preview playing.

Robiii wrote:

That's normal for WSJ, its rare for one of their series to not be adapted within 3 years.
Nodz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Kimetsu no Yaiba and Yakusoku no Neverland are already making a good 2019 anime year.
Unless they are released in october, we can also expect to see Dororo, Karakuri Circus, Kengan Ashura, Majutsushi Orphen, Saint Seiya (Netflix), One Punch Man 2, Mob Psycho 100 2 and Vinland Saga.
I also expect Fire Force and new seasons of Kuroshitsuji and Ao no Exorcist.
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:
My first reaction is "UFOtable's stuff always looks great!", but then i remember that a lot of their shows tend to have production issues towards the end. I'll stay optimistic, but cautiously so.

I think ufotable is better than most studios, but if you want finalized animation, you just have to wait and watch the blurays. TV schedule crunch tend to cause production problems as the show goes on, which are usually corrected on the home video versions.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:21 am Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:

They usually don't, though. The first time they ever really had any production issues was in the second half of Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (2014/5), which was because they started production on God Eater at the same time and because they decided to use an experimental animation method on it, so it fell apart. They seem to have learned from their mistakes and to my knowledge they haven't had any major production issues since (no more than any other studio, and actually significantly less).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1