• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - The Unseen World of Pokemon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Pokémon: I agree with you, Heidi. Raitora looks so cute! I'd have loved for him to have become an official Pokémon.

Tales of Vesperia: Undoubtedly, a Vesperia remaster with all the extras from the PS3 version would get some pretty big sales numbers. Though it's best to curb one's expectations in the possible event this turns out to be a big disappointment, it's hard not to be excited at the prospect. It's still one of the finest Tales titles ever made to this day.

Quote:
Seriously, though, they had Tales of Symphonia characters in mostly-forgotten spinoff Soul Calibur: Lost Swords, it's about time we get a Tales face in the main series.

A shame Lloyd was in a spinoff everyone disliked. He should have been in Smash Bros.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Remoraid and Octillery look a little too much like real-life weapons for a kids’ game

Surely the Transformers franchise incurred no setback for doing much the same! To the same end, was there not a first-generation Pokemon that was technically a sentient bomb?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kicksville

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Surely the Transformers franchise incurred no setback for doing much the same! To the same end, was there not a first-generation Pokemon that was technically a sentient bomb?

What they decide is and isn't appropriate is one of those things that has changed with the times, often arbitrarily - but I do remember some video game companies getting cold feet about certain things around that era in particular due to Columbine, like the US version of Resident Evil Survivor removing the ability to use a light gun.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Girafarig's design would have been hell to try and adapt in the anime,

Didn't seem to be a problem for CatDog.

Quote:

Pokemon, maybe having a significant chunk of them be existing Pokemon babies isn't a good idea.”

I don't know it works for Mario Kart Razz
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Also, apparently J.J. Abrams is establishing a game production company and the Castlevania Netflix series is getting a third season already. Good times
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:55 am Reply with quote
You know, people complain nowadays that a game delayed by a year is inexcusable and something of a cardinal sin. They didn't live through the years of Ocarina of Time and Pokémon Gold and Silver, which were delayed for well over a year.

Mighty No. 9 gets a lot of complains for its delays, for instance. I found many things wrong with the game, but it getting delayed by a year was not one of them, and I thought it was a weird overreaction.

BadNewsBlues wrote:
I don't know it works for Mario Kart Razz

Hey now, I love playing as Baby Rosalina and Baby Luigi! (The former partially because other people get their knicks in a bun over her hair color violating canon.)
Sulfy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:49 am Reply with quote
Tetris effect makes me wish I had a PS4, love me some Tetris in any shape or form. I also love me some 13 Sentinels, though the lack of news on it makes me forget about it until someone invariably mentions its name, wherein I get sad that there's a lack of news about. It's a cycle.
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I remember the skateboard in Gold/Silver! Or rather, about reading bits online about it being a new feature. I didn't get deep into Pokemon till 99 though, so that must a testament to how slow news on that stuff traveled back then, even over the internet.

Also a port of Vesperia would thrill me to bits. Pretty much the only reason I've been holding on to my 360 is because I've convinced myself I'm going to finish it one day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1