• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Magical Boys

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:05 am Reply with quote
The best magical boy is Sorey from Tales of Zestiria the X. The anime made hia transformation so amazing. Mainly fire and water.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:24 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
The best magical boy is Sorey from Tales of Zestiria the X. The anime made hia transformation so amazing. Mainly fire and water.

the problem is that its way too new and it not popular enough to warrant him being on that list when he have to compete with DN Angel and saint seiya.

also i'm not surprised that souma make the top list. the top 5 was pretty much predictable. then again, there isn't much cat boys to begin with so there was going to be ZERO competition unlike the catgirl genre! if they had made negima's camo as a pervy catboy instead of a vermin ermine, he would be on this list easily!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:47 am Reply with quote
For the poll question, it's a three way tie between the Digital World, Gaea, and MÄR-Heaven. They each have a reason I'd want to permanently live in them.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:54 am Reply with quote
For the Isekai question, I choose ALfhiem Online, the Digital World, and the world of Pokemon for two reasons, A. I really like those worlds and B. Those three are the only ones on the list I'm familiar with.
Chocoreto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:06 am Reply with quote
OMG Saint Beast! Where did you remember that one from? Are there actually people who know about it? I had no idea!
WingKing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:53 am Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
For the Isekai question, I choose ALfhiem Online, the Digital World, and the world of Pokemon for two reasons, A. I really like those worlds and B. Those three are the only ones on the list I'm familiar with.

Nobody got transported to the Pokemon world, though, did they? Isekai is supposed to be about getting transported to or trapped in a different world from your own native world (at least as I understand the definition). All the characters in Pokemon already live there, which would make it a fantasy world, but not an isekai world.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:02 pm Reply with quote
No love for Theldesia in Log Horizon?
Triltaison

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Chocoreto wrote:
Are there actually people who know about it?

That seems kind of weird to ask. It had three different series and even streamed in English just a year or two ago.

I'm rather saddened by the lack of Shugo Chara's Ikuto and Tadase in the current list since they were among the first to get henshin and bank attack animation, but at least Ikuto is representin' kitty boys.
Nodz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
zodiac-themed knight

Pegasus, andromeda, dragon etc... are not zodiac knights. Zodiac refer to the golden saints.
Spike Terra
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:59 pm Reply with quote
So for the current isekai poll, the Dog Days world is called Flognarde. That is my preferable world as it it's all about having fun and the government isn't filled with corruption, wars are fought via Takeshi Castle and it's by far the most friendly place to be summoned to.
SonicFanA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:12 pm Reply with quote
It kind of makes me happy someone remembered Saint Beast. Now I wish someone would license it and release it on DVD.

Is it bad that even though I love Cute High Earth Defense Club Love! I love Happy Kiss a little bit more.

I think the Pokemon world might be a fun place to live. Also I wish the Demon World from Kyo Kara Maoh! was a choice.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:19 pm Reply with quote
- Shugo Chara
- Kamigami no Asobi

KamiAso might not count but it deserves to be at the top of the list just for those fantastic transformation sequences (and the fact that Loki loses most of his clothes in the end).
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:05 pm Reply with quote
In what universe is Nyanko-sensei a cat-boy? oO Not only is he technically not even a cat, but on the rare occasions he takes human form, he's usually Reiko, and once, Natsume, who aren't cat-boys either.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Even though the author seemed to be so (ahem Rolling Eyes ) temporarily smitten with Magical Girl Ore, she never even considered any other type of magical boy, what about Li Shaoran from Card Captor Sakura?

He doesn't transform (changes into his traditional robes, maybe), and, as not the lead character, might be only the Diego to Sakura's Dora, but he still does everything that Sakura does, only with his sword and mandalas instead of a magic wand, and in the early part of the series, made a point of that.
Mojave

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Very happy to see Is This a Zombie? included on the list. Probably the funniest magical girl or boy I've ever seen in an anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2