• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Anime Premieres on July 14

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:12 am Reply with quote
Chances are Aniplex USA will be streaming it or releasing the home video since they posted about it on their FB page. While complaint's about their high prices is understandable, at least they often find various official streaming sites for people to enjoy their catalog.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:53 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Chances are Aniplex USA will be streaming it or releasing the home video since they posted about it on their FB page. While complaint's about their high prices is understandable, at least they often find various official streaming sites for people to enjoy their catalog.

I hope it's not them. They're prices are obnoxious and I just don't like them.

I love Yuuna as a series, but if Aniplex gets it I will have no qualms watching it on less than legal sites, same if it's Netflix.
Vannil

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:58 am Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

I love Yuuna as a series, but if Aniplex gets it I will have no qualms watching it on less than legal sites, same if it's Netflix.

Aniplex announced they had streaming rights, but they did not say if it will be Netflix only like they have been for a few of their previous releases.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:40 am Reply with quote
Vannil wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

Aniplex announced they had streaming rights, but they did not say if it will be Netflix only like they have been for a few of their previous releases.

Damn. I was hoping FuniRoll picked this up since we could have got a simuldub, but maybe Ani won't get home video rights.
lycopene

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:58 am Reply with quote
Come on now, dont be silly. AoA has licensed this. its their show. if it gets released on home video, it will be by them, or it will join the slowly growing pile of shows that they do nothing with and just remain a streaming only show
CatSword

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm holding out for some good ecchi/detailed nudity (at least in the home video version), but it is a Shonen Jump series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:13 pm Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
I'm holding out for some good ecchi/detailed nudity (at least in the home video version), but it is a Shonen Jump series.

I think that’s a possibility. To Love-Ru and To Love-Ru Darkness both have great ecchi/detailed nudity and there’re both Shonen Jump series. This series may or may not be censored as it’s airing, but there’s a good chance that this will have what you are hoping for in the home video release.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I have learned that just because Aniplex of America posts about something, that doesn’t mean that they will license it. Do you remember when AoA was tweeting about Darling in the Franxx, and then Funiroll got it?
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

Most Aniplex shows are on Crunchyroll, if they license it and put it on Crunchyroll, why wouldn’t you watch it there?
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Vannil wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

Can you post me a link to where they announced they have streaming rights?
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:40 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

Most Aniplex shows are on Crunchyroll, if they license it and put it on Crunchyroll, why wouldn’t you watch it there?

If it's on CR that's fine.

I should have been more clear. I don't support anime on Netflix, not until they stop treating the American market as bingers only and start simulcasting, maybe then I'll give a shit about Netflix streaming anime.

And if AoA does the home release, even though I love Yuuna, I'm not paying their bullshit prices for a few episodes.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Man aniplex both got this and Kimetsu eh? I'm super sad.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:55 pm Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
Man aniplex both got this and Kimetsu eh? I'm super sad.
Aniplex didn’t license Kimetsu no Yaiba yet. They just posted about it.
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:26 pm Reply with quote
I am most likely NOT GONNA WATCH THIS ANIME. Mainly because XEBEC has stopped producing anime episodes for To Love-Ru Darkness. Though I could be wrong. The creators of the manga, Kentaro Yabuki and Saki Hasemi, might surprise us all with an all-new sequel manga causing some change and talk big enough to convince everyone at XEBEC to reconsider their decision to adapt the rest of the chapters into anime form.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:45 pm Reply with quote
CANimeFan88 wrote:
I am most likely NOT GONNA WATCH THIS ANIME. Mainly because XEBEC has stopped producing anime episodes for To Love-Ru Darkness. Though I could be wrong. The creators of the manga, Kentaro Yabuki and Saki Hasemi, might surprise us all with an all-new sequel manga causing some change and talk big enough to convince everyone at XEBEC to reconsider their decision to adapt the rest of the chapters into anime form.

To be fair, I don’t really blame XEBEC for not making more episodes of To Love-Ru Darkness at this time here and now (as much as I would like them to) due to anime being primarily a promotion for the original source material and there’s currently nothing to promote with no manga currently in serialization. When Saki and Kentaro do eventually get around to create a sequel manga (They stated that the series is not over), that’s when I would bet that XEBEC will get back to animating the rest of the chapters into anime form. It happened before when the first series ended and XEBEC made Motto To Love-Ru around the time that Darkness first began.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2