• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kingdom Hearts III Game's New Trailer Previews Pirates of the Caribbean World

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:03 pm Reply with quote
I didn't really want Port Royale to return. I thought it clashed with the cartoon aesthetic of KH a bit too much.

Having said that, love Sora's pirate look though. I like all of his world forms more then his regular KH3 outfit.
Juno016

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:35 pm Reply with quote
SnowWarren wrote:
I didn't really want Port Royale to return. I thought it clashed with the cartoon aesthetic of KH a bit too much.

Having said that, love Sora's pirate look though. I like all of his world forms more then his regular KH3 outfit.

In previous games, it did, but game is so Pixar-looking, it fits really well. I'm actually excited about the world for once!

Also, Kairi... She's... really cute...
She wants to steal my heart this installment, doesn't she. She's gonna have to be a more proactive character to do that, and I really hope the secret ending of DDD was actually alluding to just that. Please, Kairi, let people love you!
immblueversion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:53 am Reply with quote
I never for the life of me expected them to actually bring POTC back into the series, even though I knew it would fit the theme so well, what with the talk of keys and hearts in the sequels.
Adv193

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:45 am Reply with quote
Just to point out, it has been officially confirmed it is no longer called Port Royal, it is now called "The Caribbean".

Here is the source link: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/kingdom/kh3/world/index.html
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:02 am Reply with quote
That looks incredible. Although the graphics were great for what it was back on the PS2 this just really shows how much improvement we've had from PS2 to PS4! And on top of that, they gave Sora, Donald, and Goofy outfits and looks that are just perfect for the world. Like despite being cartoony they really made them fit this time! I'm impressed.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:16 am Reply with quote
Considering Pirates hasn’t been relevant since what, 3? This is a surprise.
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:21 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:

She wants to steal my heart this installment, doesn't she. She's gonna have to be a more proactive character to do that, and I really hope the secret ending of DDD was actually alluding to just that. Please, Kairi, let people love you!

https://twitter.com/KZXcellent/status/1006391689450328064
It's a shame Hayden Panettiere wasn't contacted about reprising the role.

Last edited by SnowWarren on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:26 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Considering Pirates hasn’t been relevant since what, 3? This is a surprise.

You can pretty much say the same thing about Hercules which depending on how you look at it hasn't been relevant since 1997 or 1998

Revolutionary wrote:
That looks incredible. Although the graphics were great for what it was back on the PS2 this just really shows how much improvement we've had from PS2 to PS4!

More of an engine change than simply because of a console shift.
XtremeAnimeDan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:00 pm Reply with quote
It's not being mentioned in most places, but when you watch the entire video it shows one of the new worlds that hasn't been mentioned is Ratatouille.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:07 pm Reply with quote
SnowWarren wrote:
Juno016 wrote:

https://twitter.com/KZXcellent/status/1006391689450328064
It's a shame Hayden Panettiere wasn't contacted about reprising the role.

That really is a shame. I don't have anything against Alyson Stoner, and she worked fine for the side games like Days and DDD, but Panettiere always brought a coy innocence to the character that just hasn't ever been replicated. Oh well, still excited for this release though, this looks like it's really come together!
Black Turtle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:35 pm Reply with quote
XtremeAnimeDan wrote:
It's not being mentioned in most places, but when you watch the entire video it shows one of the new worlds that hasn't been mentioned is Ratatouille.
I read somewhere it's just mini game, probably in Twilight town/Traverse Town or maybe an invocation. Every world revealed was heavily mentionned, here it's not. Thus I doubt it's a whole world.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1