• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fans Choose Which Male Idol Groups Are Real Stars

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringoiero360

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Surprised but happy for Re:vale being 4th ^^
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Yea! Those Sekko are my BOYZZ!! Glad to see they're not forgotten, might we get a second season?
CardamonPastel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:30 am Reply with quote
i was going to say that the top 3 enstars units ( knights, undead, ryuseitai ) made it so high in the rankings but this list really makes me curious as too how many people voted in this s ince theyre so far apart in the list. And a few groups tied???

its also a little surprising to me that re:vale ranked higher than Trigger.. though theyre both good groups. Utapri is still the reigning champion of male idol mobage. I've never heard of bakamatsu rock but it must be pretty popular.
SakuraShimizu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:40 am Reply with quote
I’m not surprised that STARISH won but I’m still happy for my fictional male idols! Very Happy I was surprised to see HEAVENS up there though! I thought they weren’t very popular. Maybe they’re gaining more fans?

Disappointed that WITH wasn’t there though. Crying or Very sad
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:40 am Reply with quote
They have good taste especially obscure stuff such as Bakumatsu Rock AND Sekkou Boys. I am pleased.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Happy to see TRIGGER and all the SideM groups on the list.

I watched the first couple eps of Bakumatsu Rock when it first came out and then never finished it. Maybe I'll check that out next once I'm done with the show I'm currently marathoning.
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:22 pm Reply with quote
TRIGGER should be higher, imo. Razz Really happy to see them on the list though along with Re:Vale and IDOLiSH7.

I am also not surprised to see STARISH and QUARTET NIGHT at the top spots though. I just started playing the app game and I am loving the music so far.

As a side note, I am realizing that there are quite a few idol anime that I haven't checked out yet...time to make a weekend of it. Very Happy
simona.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:07 am Reply with quote
Sekkō Boys should be 1st.
harminia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy my boys Ryuseitai made it in the top 20

but also
S!E!K!K!O! B!O!Y!S! SEKKO!
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Sekko Boys seems to be getting a lot of love, and I've never heard of it. I think I might start that one after I finish Uta no Prince Sama. Smile Any other great idol anime I should check out on recommendation?
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised with Utapri in the top 2.... re:vale I am surprised! Not that I don't mind.

But it really is funny on the places trigger and idolish7 was in. I was laughing at this because idolish7 is at 7th place and trigger is at 9th place. Get it?

7 = Riku
9 = Tenn

Both are the centers and-- uuh.... Not gonna say spoilers here.

Time Bandit wrote:
TRIGGER should be higher, imo. Razz Really happy to see them on the list though along with Re:Vale and IDOLiSH7.

I really didn't want to agree but I have to. Trigger is the top in the game and rl. They did so well on their album that it was the first spot for male idols, I think. I do know it was on the top chart of something. Please don't think I dislike trigger, I do! I adore Tenn. But I am a bit sad that idolish7 isn't really looked at. Besides, mezzo". Sougo is super popular (almost always 1st in the polls) and him being in mezzo" is what makes it popular with Tamaki as well.
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:14 am Reply with quote
capt_bunny wrote:
Time Bandit wrote:

I really didn't want to agree but I have to. Trigger is the top in the game and rl. They did so well on their album that it was the first spot for male idols, I think. I do know it was on the top chart of something. Please don't think I dislike trigger, I do! I adore Tenn. But I am a bit sad that idolish7 isn't really looked at. Besides, mezzo". Sougo is super popular (almost always 1st in the polls) and him being in mezzo" is what makes it popular with Tamaki as well.

I LOVE TRIGGER. Their songs are just more mature than IDOLiSH7, and their voices just mesh so darn well. And...Gaku is best boy for me. Yes...

I too am saddened by that I7 isn't given enough recognition. While they may not be as mature as TRIGGER, they have a very good set of songs in their arsenal. More 'pop-ish', sounding, but still really enjoyable. I really like Iori (he's my favorite of I7), and Tamaki (being voiced by KENN makes him hard not to love).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1