• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:04 am Reply with quote
I recently finally went out and got my first anime figure. I don’t own a whole lot of physical anime merchandise in general, but, if there’s one series where I would be perfectly okay with owning a bunch of merch of, it would be the To Love-Ru franchise. Here’s Yami. Slowly, but surely, I’ll try to get the whole gang up in my room.

CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:21 am Reply with quote
I'd left a lot of figures to gather dust, but I went on an unboxing spree these past few weeks

First, the WonFes exclusive Yuuri FS version. Adorable and a great complement for the previously released YOI Nendos

When I first opened the Saber 2.0 figma, the waist joint broke, so I superglued her and put her back in her box for literally a whole year. I'm happy to report she's fully functional now and looks rad as hell

The Sucy Nendoroid is way cuter and funnier than I expected her to be. I wasn't fully convinced of getting her because money's quite short lately, but I'm glad I did, she's brilliant

Finally, Yurio, clearly the lesser of the original three YOI nendoroids, but fantastic once put to play with the other two

The YOI shrine so far:

Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 11:06 am Reply with quote
My collection has grown a bit during my ban.

Got my Jeanne I showed awhile ago. Also pictured is a Nero keychain my friend got me at a con.

Alice from SAO. A surprisingly large prize figure. Great quality too despite being super cheap.

Bunch of FGO figures. Nitocris, Scathach, Mary Read, and Mordred.

Also pictured is my Pikachu hat. My brother died in November, and this was the last Christmas gift he picked out for me.

Chibi Mash that my friend got me for Christmas.

Haven't bought anything recently and I only have one figure on pre-order:

Guess I can't resist a nice Jeanne.

I do have $200 in Amazon gift cards but I can't decide what figure I should spend it on.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:12 am Reply with quote
I've pre-ordered the Miku Hatsune Symphony figure through Madman:

Last edited by Errinundra on Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:34 am Reply with quote
I'm kinda indifferent about Hatsune Miku's design in general, but that's actually quite nice. The black dress goes well with the turquoise (cyan?) colour.
aruseus777

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Hello! I wanted to introduce myself, and show off a few new additions!
ArtFX Yoh Asakura. Love FINALLY seeing some high quality Shaman King figures. I preordered Hao as well, but unsure if Rightstuf is going to be able to fulfill that.
IMG-7556
"Naruto Gals" Temari. Not only my fav from the series, but only one from this line that isn't cringy imo. She doesn't like to hold onto her fan, though.
IMG-7557
Antarcticite! Like if you cry e'ery time.
IMG-7558
upload image

It may be a little unrelated, but what do you guys do to take care of your plushies? I'm noticing some grey dust on some and not sure if I just need to was them regularly.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:25 am Reply with quote
Pre-ordered the Plamax Deedlit. I've always liked her design & I'll finally be adding some green to the shelf. The model is quite small and needs to be assembled. I hope it doesn't need to be painted as well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:39 am Reply with quote
A while back I bemoaned how Rin Tohsaka was melting.

On the advice of this blog on the Good Smile Company website I'm soaking her in a 1:10 solution of detergent in water.

The container is sitting in my kitchen where it looks like a miniature vat where I'm growing a Rin Tohsaka homunculus.

If she's ruined... well, she was on the way out anyway.

On a happier note, Australia Post has emailed me this morning advising that the Miku Hatsune figurine I pre-ordered back in May 2019 (see post above) will be delivered by next Monday.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Has it been that hot in Melbourne this summer?! I’d trade you your weather for the weather of the Northeastern United States if I could!
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:50 pm Reply with quote
So far summer has been mild in Melbourne. I'm sure that will change soon. The weeping plasiticiser began during a very hot summer a few years back.

I'm about to give Rin a rinse.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:24 pm Reply with quote
She looks like she's enjoying her first bath in years.

I'll see how she dries out.

Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:45 am Reply with quote
Miku was delivered by Australia Post this arvo.

The violin has four threaded strings and the bow has fibres! She's also, as my figurines go, enormous: her voluminous dress takes up about as much floor space on my shelf as 2 or 3 other figurines. She's spectacular, and instantly one of my favourites.

The complete collection now barely fits on the shelf.

Rin is much improved, but could probably do with another bath.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:41 am Reply with quote
I'm not a big Miku fan, but that it one gorgeous figure!

I'm currently awaiting the release of this 1/7 Kanna figure later this month. It was supposed to come out in December, but got delayed. I pre-ordered her way back in July.

https://myfigurecollection.net/item/997234
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a big fan of Miku, either, but somehow I've ended up with two of her.

There are few flights from Japan to Australia at the moment - for reasons that shall not be named - so everything from there is delayed for months.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Errinundra wrote:
I'm not a big fan of Miku, either, but somehow I've ended up with two of her.

There are few flights from Japan to Australia at the moment - for reasons that shall not be named - so everything from there is delayed for months.

I feel your pain. For the same reason, I had to cancel my planned trip to Brisbane last May. It would have been my first time visiting your country!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 109 of 111