• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Re:Stage! Project About Middle School Idols Gets Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:53 am Reply with quote
Finally ! It was only a matter of time. All their songs are really good ones and Izumi Tsubasu's visual are just top tiers .

( Also, there is a mistake in the article, Izumi Tsubasu not Tsubasa )
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:59 am Reply with quote
>...about idol singers in middle school...

YAAAAAWWWWWN. Okay, wake me up when Japan decides to make elementary school idol singers.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:03 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:

YAAAAAWWWWWN. Okay, wake me up when Japan decides to make elementary school idol singers.

Pretty rhythm licence did and still doing it since 2011
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:18 am Reply with quote
Okay, the art is a little way too cute for me. More precisely their faces. I do not know about this series but I hope the anime is good.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:21 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:

Pretty rhythm licence did and still doing it since 2011

Not really. Kiratto (their current series) has middle school only cast, Pretty Rhythm/Rainbow Live had middle school cast; only Pripara had elementary school (6th grade too) main girl, with others being middle schoolers, and that's ended.
And I'd go as far as to say he meant a series which is not an outright toddler/little girl's show, though even middle schooler cast is something new in that category.

John Hayabusa wrote:
the art is a little way too cute for me. More precisely their faces

Strange coming from someone who uses Honoka as avatar, Love Live still had some of the cutest, roundest face designs in anime history. Anyways, Revue Starlight will be more to your taste, the faces are long and sharp and definitely not exactly cute.

Last edited by Sunny milk on Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:35 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
( Also, there is a mistake in the article, Izumi Tsubasu not Tsubasa )

Thank you for pointing that out! It's been fixed.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:58 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
Not really. Kiratto (their current series) has middle school only cast, Pretty Rhythm/Rainbow Live had middle school cast; only Pripara had elementary school (6th grade too) main girl, with others being middle schoolers, and that's ended.

Kaname in Aurora Dream was still in elementary years, June in Rainbow live started her career during her elementary year and you're right for Kiratto, Anna and Sara started being prichan idols when they were still in elementary school but for now there are no other.

I know he is most likely thinking about the other kind of idol, that's what everyone usually do, but I do not like to discard the kids-aimed ones, there are still idol serie and really important in the Idol lmarket history

Last edited by Yune Amagiri on Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:23 am; edited 4 times in total
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:03 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:

Kaname in Aurora Dream was still in elementary years, June in Rainbow live started her career during her elementary year and you're right for Kiratto, Anna and Sara started being prichan idols when they were still in elementary school but for now there are no other.

So, a (somewhat important) side character that appears late in the series, and that's that. Let's not count their past circumstances in the equation.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:42 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:

Wasn't Lovely Idol about young idols from middle school years and up?
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:27 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:

Idolmaster Cinderella Girls and Pripara have idols that young, but not a full group as a main focus. It's eventually going to happen though.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:36 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Ermat_46 wrote:

Idolmaster Cinderella Girls and Pripara have idols that young, but not a full group as a main focus. It's eventually going to happen though.

Yeah, it will happen. I mean, these idol shows bring absolutely nothing new to the table. Sooner or later, producers would have to insert some gimmick for their idol show to be at least distinguishable from the hundreds of idol shows that exist, be it elementary school idols, granny idols, ninja pirate zombie idols, tranny idols, idol politicians, etc.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:44 am Reply with quote
Given how the industry is when it comes to lolis, I doubt it's ever going to happen, unless it's gonna be a sunday morning children's show.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:46 am Reply with quote
If we don't considere the main focus, NonSurgar from Pripara is a exemple of full elementary idol in anime, "Prism☆Mates" and "Prizmmy☆" ( real life group ) 2 group from the pretty rythm licence were elementary only during their first year. "Little Marching Band Girls" the largest group in Imas Cinderella girl has most it's member in elementary years.

Sunny milk wrote:
Given how the industry is when it comes to lolis, I doubt it's ever going to happen, unless it's gonna be a sunday morning children's show.

Agree ...
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:49 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
the largest group in Imas Cinderella girl has most it's member in elementary years.

Doesn't matter, elementary school girls CG is so unpopular they're never gonna appear in anime ever again, Miria was the only one in CG's adaptation, and she was as good as non-existent anyways, a real "token loli" just to be there.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:

That sucks, I would like to see Sakurako Kimino or Sagu Aoyama to do an idol series with lolis for the Otaku.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2