• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bookstore: 'So I'm a Spider, So What?' Novels Get Anime Project

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xavon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully they do right by it. The manga of Dungeon Rest Stop has seriously injured my faith in adaptations.
linkhuesitos15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Xavon wrote:
Hopefully they do right by it. The manga of Dungeon Rest Stop has seriously injured my faith in adaptations.

That's everyone major concern, The Novel's plot is really difficult to translate to anime:
1. If they adapt both Kumo and Shun's stories then the season would need more than 12 chapters to have a well development.
2. If they adapt only Kumo's story then the season will have only two or four voices and that can become very tiresome.
And it's the same for the graphic style:
1. Too realistic: we lose our cute spider
2. Too cute: the battle with other monsters and her real appearance would be like night and day.
This is how really Kumo looks as Zoa Ere (the black one on the background)
https://i.imgur.com/ihGxquB.png
The cute vision of her is only how she imagine herself (spider doesn't have neck so they cant look at themselves)
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Utsuro no Hako wrote:
Afezeria wrote:
Mind telling me who is this most boring protagonist? Does the work featured anybody else beside our spider girl as protagonist? I'm okay with spoiler.

Spidergirl's entire class was sucked along to fantasy land, and most of them reincarnated as regular folk. One guy's a prince who's destined to fight the demon lord, and his POV takes up about a quarter of each book.
That....is just terrible to be honest. Even worse after I read the comments that said he got his own harem and shit? What the hell? I like the manga for being unique and portraying a strong, female spider protagonist that's independant, not due to this vile crap that I avoided a lot of manga for. Goodness sakes. Here's just hoping that they adapted only Kumoko story. I can't believe that there's such a huge nonsense like that in the original light novel. Seriously just can't.
linkhuesitos15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
That....is just terrible to be honest. Even worse after I read the comments that said he got his own harem and shit? What the hell? I like the manga for being unique and portraying a strong, female spider protagonist that's independant, not due to this vile crap that I avoided a lot of manga for. Goodness sakes. Here's just hoping that they adapted only Kumoko story. I can't believe that there's such a huge nonsense like that in the original light novel. Seriously just can't.

Shun's story is boring at the start but it gets better after some chapters and the "Harem" is just 2 girls that are in "love" (his sister that some people say she love Shun, doesn't love him she just adulate him a lot) the others are Neutral.
- spoiler[Sensei] acts mischievous with everyone.
- The maid just follow him like a maid would do.
- spoiler[Fey (other reincarnator as a dragon)] said from the very begining that he's not her type and stays like that all the novel.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:09 pm Reply with quote
linkhuesitos15 wrote:
Okay, guess you got me there. Thanks for explaining to me. I would've still like it better to just see Kumoko's story but I realized how hard that would be for an anime adaptation. By the way, do you know anything about Slime Taoshite 300 years Max something and Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear? I wonder if those two got any chances to get their own anime. Also, I would like to know too if those female protagonist in the show kept hanging around with other girls until forever or just, got meddled in some route that I wouldn't like. I know how bright Slime Taoshite seems to be right now for such a person like myself, but I'm not sure about Kuma Bear. Spoiler is welcomed if you know anything about those two.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
By the way, do you know anything about Slime Taoshite 300 years Max something and Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear? I wonder if those two got any chances to get their own anime.

If anything had been announced about either of those, we'd have news about it linked to the appropriate Encyclopedia entries. It's extremely unlikely that anyone else is going to know more unless it's breaking news within the last couple of hours.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
linkhuesitos15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
linkhuesitos15 wrote:
Okay, guess you got me there. Thanks for explaining to me. I would've still like it better to just see Kumoko's story but I realized how hard that would be for an anime adaptation. By the way, do you know anything about Slime Taoshite 300 years Max something and Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear? I wonder if those two got any chances to get their own anime. Also, I would like to know too if those female protagonist in the show kept hanging around with other girls until forever or just, got meddled in some route that I wouldn't like. I know how bright Slime Taoshite seems to be right now for such a person like myself, but I'm not sure about Kuma Bear. Spoiler is welcomed if you know anything about those two.

People who want to read the LN/Manga or watch the Anime without spoilers DO NOT READ THE SPOILERS OR OPEN THE LINK
Sorry I dont know about those novel but I think yenpress licensed the one about killing slimes for 300 and as someone said in this forum usually the novel yenpress pick up end having an anime. And about Kumo and female characters having they own path most female charcters follows Shun's but for good reasons
- spoiler[sensei] doesn't follow Shun, is Shun who follows spoiler[sensei] because she is an elf and the antagonist of that story wants to destroy elf village.
- Katia follows Shun because they're firends and love him, but the twist is that spoiler[Katia's love for Shun started slowly and it wasn't until volume 3 that she admited to herself that she love shun and have one of the best fight in this arc vs Yuri.]
Note: spoiler[Katia was a man and Shun's best friend before reincarnate, s/he's one of the irregulars (human to monster or man to female).]
- spoiler[Fey is one of the monster that the royal family have and because of that Shun is her "master", she only follows Shun because the spell she have says that if Shun die she does as well.]
There're other females like:
- spoiler[two reincarnators who was a couple before their dead, they reincarnate on the same village of Mercenaries/Bandits (the girl call them bandits because they attack and stole peaceful demon village). Both of them became adventurers and took part on the great human-demon war (the boy is an idiot if thw girl wasn't there he would be dead for a long time).]
- spoiler[Sophia had the worst life before the reincarnation (as the novel says: ugly, anemia, had a cardiac disease that made her weak on the morning). She was reincarnated as a vampire, had the worst childhood again (kumoko doesn't count she's not human) and is one of the two reincarnators that joins Kumo's side. Also Sophia was personally raised by Kumo and the Demon King, and just to finish is the second most powerfull being before the Demon King and the major antagonist of Shun's story.]
- spoiler[Ariel (the Demon King) is the oldest and most powerful live being inside the system, because of that she's at the end of her existence (her soul has been active for too long that is one step before abrasion) and her last wish was to save Sariel (Ariel's adoptive mother), the goddess who works as the core of the skill and stats system. She's also Kumos's grandmother and the progenitor of all the spider race.]
Note: spoiler[Only the gods, beings that are out of the system are more powerful than Ariel. At some point Kumo become a goddess and gain absolute control over her body
https://imgur.com/a/6oobbKZ
Kumo is the albino and Ariel is the girl with the red cape]

Note 2: spoiler[Kumo and Ariel are far more cruel and ruthless on the WN, what I mean is Kumo doing cannibalism (she eat humans/demons and chunks of baby Sophia to later heal her), forcing baby Sophia (3 or 4 years) to walk all the way to another continent, give her poisoned food and do an spartan trainning (evade Kumo's magic, endure them and hit her untel her life points were 1) that's how Sophia became the second most powerful being on the system. And teleporting one Queen spider on a battlefield just because Kumo and Ariel want more deads on that battle (the queen has the order to attack both side humans and demons).
The LN remove all of this points except the spartan trainning.]
Afezeria

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:07 pm Reply with quote
linkhuesitos15 wrote:
Wow, thanks for taking the time to type all of that and for confirming that Slime Taoshite was licensed. I can't wait for an eventual anime adaptation. Also, spoiler[Kumoko just look so cute in that cover!] I don't have much to say but I truly appreciate your efforts.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:27 am Reply with quote
Oh, if you were talking about the novel for Slime Taoshite, yeah, the first volume has been out in English for a couple of months now. Still no news about it getting an anime, but I'll be a little surprised if it doesn't eventually.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Afezeria

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:21 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Thanks for the info. How about Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3