• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Third Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Season Announced

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shionxx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Thats great news.

Higurashi kicks ass.
Leebo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Man, this is turning into a long series. I'm not done with season 2, but I did not expect a third.
interestedno

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm wondering what this means for how strong/weak the plot(s) will be....because the second season started weak IMO. Of course I still want to watch it!
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:27 pm Reply with quote
HELL YEAH!!!! BOOOOOYAAAAA!! That makes my day. I wanted even MORE Rena, and Rika, and Satoko......and all of them. F*&K YEahh!!!
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:40 pm Reply with quote
damn, wow, can't wait, <Same>

but if the 2nd anime covers the remaining game storylines what will the 3rd cover, and what about the new game from the Higu creators..........
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Wow! Three seasons?! I never expected this. I wonder why Geneon is having trouble with DVD sales when Higurashi is such a popular series?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing this season will cover the PS2 exclusive arcs. Not that I'd complain if they made a season of Rika's Comiket Adventures and Rena kidnapping Rika and Hanyuu.

rankothefiremage wrote:
but if the 2nd anime covers the remaining game storylines what will the 3rd cover, and what about the new game from the Higu creators..........

I assume that game is like Higurashi in that it will be in multiple parts. At this point, only the first one is out or maybe its not even out yet, so there wouldn't be enough material. Then again, since they had to cram most of the Higurashi arcs into 4-6 episodes and take out a lot in the process, maybe they would attempt a whole season for each of the new games. I don't think its likely, but it is possible.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:05 pm Reply with quote
How many of the game's arcs have not been converted to Anime?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Vuwazy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:11 pm Reply with quote
For real? I thought Kai was the conclusion to everything. Not that I mind. Curious now what the focus of this third season is on.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:20 pm Reply with quote
rankothefiremage wrote:
How many of the game's arcs have not been converted to Anime?

I believe its just the two PS2-exclusive arcs.
e-imi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quote
I really hope someone picks this up again. I was really lucky to just sneak in there and get the first 3 DVDs with the LE box just after Geneon went under.

I really wish that they would bring out more. Honestly, I was so pleased, I probably wouldn't mind paying about $60 a DVD for it. Shocked In non-limited edition as well.

Haaa~
Please! We want more Higurashi no Naku Koro ni in North America!
Oronae

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:31 pm Reply with quote
For those who are wondering what is still unanimated.

PC
Saikoroshi-hen
Probably one of the most likely things to be animated.

PS2 Exclusive:
Miotsukushi-hen .
Tsukiotoshi-hen
Taraimawashi-hen
These don't have much chance of being animated. Miotsukushi is an alternate ending. Tsukiotoshi is an answer arc and Taraimawashi is a question arc. Since we already have all of the answers I can't see Either Tsukiotoshi or Taraimawashi getting animated.

Manga Exclusive
Onisarashi-hen
Yoigoishi-hen
I don't see these getting animated anytime soon. Neither features the main cast. Both of these are complete. There's a third manga exclusive arc utsutsukowashi-hen but it's only just begun and is thus even less likely to be animated.

As for Umineko there's only one arc published so far with a second being released at the upcoming comiket though if they were to animate it like they did with the later Higurashi arcs and keep cutting to a minimum they could probably get 13 episodes out of the two arcs easily. Either way a manga is coming out soon so given Higurashi's popularity an anime for this is just a mater of time.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quote
e-imi wrote:
I really hope someone picks this up again. I was really lucky to just sneak in there and get the first 3 DVDs with the LE box just after Geneon went under.

I really wish that they would bring out more. Honestly, I was so pleased, I probably wouldn't mind paying about $60 a DVD for it. Shocked In non-limited edition as well.

Haaa~
Please! We want more Higurashi no Naku Koro ni in North America!

I ordered my copies as soon as i saw them on the preorder listings, long before geneon made their problems public................... I really do hope someone hurries up and starts helping geneon out, i want to finish my Higu and Rozen sets and get Nanoha and Zero R1.

I normally don't like Horror of Mystery but higu is something i really have enjoyed.
DragonMasterZero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Maybe they will animate the 50 pieces that were supposed to take place just before the final arc. The 50 pieces was Hanyuu(Player) taking 50 different events, and putting them together to form the 'perfect' 1983 needed for the miracle. Theres a lot of information there that could take up a half season probably
kokuryu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I am all for someone picking up the pieces again and finishing the R1 release for this... It would really be nice to see the first series... Stuff like this keeps making me a fan of fansubs....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4