• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Promo Video for Death Note's L Prequel Game Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minakichan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The software also includes a separate "L Communicator" mode in which users can make friends with L by giving him sweets.

HEADDESK. Laaaaaame.

Yay for more L-spinoff whoredom-ness. At the same time, I really, really fail to see how this ends up being specifically Death Note- centered or L- centered. Solving mysteries and escaping traps, with help from seasoned meitantei? I'd rather see that in a Detective Conan game, please.[/code]
championferret

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:13 pm Reply with quote
...I think it sounds adorable. Embarassed
Do want.
edit= So where is the site? I cant find it. Sad
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
Quote:
The software also includes a separate "L Communicator" mode in which users can make friends with L by giving him sweets.

HEADDESK. Laaaaaame.

Yay for more L-spinoff whoredom-ness. At the same time, I really, really fail to see how this ends up being specifically Death Note- centered or L- centered. Solving mysteries and escaping traps, with help from seasoned meitantei? I'd rather see that in a Detective Conan game, please.[/code]

It isn't directly, but probably will have Death Note references in the movie itself (sorry, thinking of the movie. xD )

But it's a prologue, and it takes place AFTER the DN series. Hence, a game...(?)

L has his own thing going on. Which means, I could care less about how much whore-ness it gives. I may not ever get the game, but I think it's funny. L is a detective after all.

Besides, other than that, you see merchandise of all sorts of series everywhere, I don't see this as any different.
championferret

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:51 pm Reply with quote
'progloue' means 'before', not 'after'. Wink

I found the site/trailer.
Am I the only one that thinks the villain (if that's who I think it is) looks like he migrated from Phoenix Wright? Anime hyper
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:59 pm Reply with quote
o.o ah....eh...

Hmm...what word was I thinking, then?

Ah, never mind, I was thinking Epilogue for some reason when I wrote it.

In addition to that...I could've sworn I heard that the reports say that this movie took place after the DN movie...

._. hmmm...

*scratches head.* I wonder which source is correct then.

o.o Ah, didn't see the movie trailer before?
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The software also includes a separate "L Communicator" mode in which users can make friends with L by giving him sweets. If the user succeeds in making friends with L, L will "talk" with the user via voice.

...Soooo, does this make L a virtual pet?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quote
xD If I had an "L" Giga Pet, I'd never let that thing go.

Ah, those toys were really popular back then...*sigh.*
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:44 pm Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
xD If I had an "L" Giga Pet, I'd never let that thing go.

Ah, those toys were really popular back then...*sigh.*

Honestly? Same here. Anime hyper I had tons...an 'Angel' Tomagotchi, a regular one, a Giga Baby or whatever and some sort of animal one...and my brother had a dog one and two or three Digimon.

Oddly enough, in a way...those are responsible for me being the anime fan I am today.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
minakichan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:45 pm Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:
Besides, other than that, you see merchandise of all sorts of series everywhere, I don't see this as any different.

I just don't think it makes sense for Death Note. From the looks of it, it really has nothing to do with Death Note or L's character, just the fact that L is a detective (and a sweets addict). I mean, that'd kind of be like... (bad analogy alert) say, a Pokemon game that involved using the main human characters to have an adventure with each other, that didn't actually involve any Pokemon. You know? Like, that's fine and dandy, but doesn't it defy the point?

Merchandising is pretty cool. I want Death Note keychains and apparel and stuff. But this is just kiiiiiiiiiiiinda out there. I think the synopsis for Kira Game just made a lot more sense-- it's actually relevant to Death Note in some fashion.
ichido reichan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:01 am Reply with quote
Hey, I totally see L being revived by God because it was a stupid mistake of the author to kill the original L, it can be that the death note has another of those loopholes that doesnt kill people if they weren't mean to die on that time or whatever...I tell you, Due to so much stupidity on the death note series I totally see L revived again...

"The rebuild of evan....L"
ichido reichan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:01 am Reply with quote
Hey, I totally see L being revived by God because it was a stupid mistake of the author to kill the original L, it can be that the death note has another of those loopholes that doesnt kill people if they weren't mean to die on that time or whatever...I tell you, Due to so much stupidity on the death note series I totally see L revived again...

"The rebuild of evan....L"
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:22 am Reply with quote
[Konami Executive1 ] We need something quick, because people are getting tired of Silent Hill. Oh, and our stock is sinking like a stone, because Kojima's too busy getting high off his "medicine" to get MGS4 out on time.

[Konami Executive 2] I know! Another Death Note game. That never gets old.

[Konami Executive 1] I hope you're right, because we guessed dead wrong when we put out those Shaman King games...

[Konami Executive 2] Yeah, but Death Note is like Evangelion for emos. And they always need something to keep themselves busy when they're not slitting their wrists.

[Konami Executive 1] Good thinking! Let's run with it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1