• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Quintessential Quintuplets Manga Gets TV Anime in 2019 (Updated)

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:28 am Reply with quote
Well i am always down for some rom-com anime because we really lack of thoose. So hope its gonna be a good one *_*
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:52 am Reply with quote
Read the manga and I gotta say that I am glad this is getting an anime.
This and "Kaguya wants to be confessed to" were two mangas I wanted to get an anime adaption

Just hoping for Komi san now
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:01 am Reply with quote
Isn't this manga, like, a year old? Or just under that? Even My Hero Academia didn't get its anime announcement until about chapter 65. And TQQ volume 4 sold 45,009 in its first week, while MHA did 163,233 at the same point, more than three times as much.

And next year, as I understand it, is pretty quick turnaround in today's industry where some studios are booked years in advance.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:03 am Reply with quote
Is it a realistic version of Seven of Seven minus two? the potential drama from such a premise is good as well as the comedy but I'm not to happy with the idea that all five girls are already the lead's classmates. Talk about your missed opportunity for a great slow reveal.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:06 am Reply with quote
I really really love this manga series so I am glad it actually gets an anime this quick! The lead male character is an extreme book worm who has to deal with five girls with some serious attitudes (he does not give a darn about romance, at least for now), there are great comedy moments, emotional bits as well as a healthy dose of mystery (yes, mystery) elements.

Please give this one at least a try, you might have a pleasant surprise awaiting you! Wink

Last edited by Engineering Nerd on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:47 am Reply with quote
Good new. So far i really enjoy this lovecome, hope it's gonna be a faithful adaptation Wink
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:57 am Reply with quote
This is great rom-com. Glad it get a anime adaptation.

Now gentlemen, chose you ship and have a great sail in the waifu wars.
I tried and failed to see who was the best and jumped from ship to ship.
So i decided to go for the harem fleet because all 5 girls are great,

But I just wanted to know who decided on this very strange English title.
The romanization of the Japanese title is Go-Toubun no Hanayome that means something like "Five Wedding Brides".

Last edited by Jonny Mendes on Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:03 pm; edited 4 times in total
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:02 pm Reply with quote
That’s quite an interesting title and the previous posts on this thread have me intrigued. I’ll be waiting for a staff announcement before I have any more thoughts on this one.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:43 pm Reply with quote
The synopsis of otaku anime always read like parody.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:28 pm Reply with quote
If they pull off in the series promo cast with quintiplets voiced by Sakura Ayane, I'm all in. It was a long time that I wasn't seen one seiyuu theater.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:55 pm Reply with quote
ChrissyC wrote:
The synopsis of otaku anime always read like parody.

Seriously, the description makes it seem like a series circa 2001 or so.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:03 am Reply with quote
Not even a full year into its serialization and an anime announcement has already been made is quite a quick turnaround time for adaptation. It will probably be a 12-13 epi. adaptation that might cover the first 2-3 vol. of the anime. I say this because that's how such adaptations of manga or light novels tend to be.
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:05 am Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
Isn't this manga, like, a year old? Or just under that? Even My Hero Academia didn't get its anime announcement until about chapter 65. And TQQ volume 4 sold 45,009 in its first week, while MHA did 163,233 at the same point, more than three times as much.

And next year, as I understand it, is pretty quick turnaround in today's industry where some studios are booked years in advance.

Well, you are forgetting that it is up to the animation studios and the creator's if they want it done right away or not. Plus, I think they waited due to it being a shounen and for it to air so many episodes soon. It's why I found it so odd that season 1 only had 12 episodes. Normally shounen never does that. It goes by so many episodes.

I know that Wotakoi was already giving so many hints of it being an anime and it landed directly of what that chapter was out. (where the anime ended). A lot of anime has had green-lit with little content already out. Which I think Kobato was like this? The anime was all over the place where the manga chapters were.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1