• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nabari no Ou Modern Ninja Manga to be Animated for TV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kokuryu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:11 pm Reply with quote
This is a good series! I am glad to see it being made into an anime!
belisarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
14-year-old boy holds ultimate power for hidden ninja world

It sounds as if one of the submissions to Zac's "most cliche anime premise ever" contest is actually getting made. It even has the 14 year old girl ninja companion!
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Believe it! Wink
bahamut623

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Seems like a plain ninja story, but from what I've seen of the tankobon covers and some scans, the character designs are awesome.

A lot of the manga I've been interestd in are all getting anime adaptations (Kurogane no Linebarrels, Soul Eater). Yay.
infinitebeauty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Yes! I've read a couple of scanlations for it, and find it about twelve-bazillion times better than Naruto, or, in fact, any other ninja series. I think it's mostly the fact that he doesn't really care about having ULTIMATE POWER!!!1!!1! that I like.
And maybe this will get the manga liscenced in English, which would rock.
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:33 pm Reply with quote
I agree that this series seems perhaps better than something like Naruto, probably because it's geared towards females more than males. I absolutely love how they make fun of BL manga with Nabari's evil sadistic personality...
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quote
It's quite obvious these last two posters just want to find exuses to bash on Naruto. I just knew there were gonna be some haters in here......Rolling Eyes

Anyways, it could be pretty interesting, I might go ahead and check it out. It sounds pretty generic and cliche, yes, but that sort of thing doesn't really bother me all that much. Just as long as it's not like, a ripoff or anything, I'm fine. But I guess we'll just have to see how it goes, huh?
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Looks cool, always down for some Ninja stuff. Gonna be blown outta the water by Soul Eater tho hoho~
FeralKat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Yay! I had volumes 1-4 a while back and I traded them in to Bookoff. I loved the artwork, but the story was okay. Maybe the anime will execute it better. I'm looking forward to this! Very Happy I loved that spoiler[psychic kid! I forgot his name, but creepy he is... Twisted Evil]
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's quite obvious these last two posters just want to find exuses to bash on Naruto. I just knew there were gonna be some haters in here......Rolling Eyes

Who said anything about Naruto hating? Truth is, I actually enjoy reading the manga. But I do enjoy Nabari no Ou more because of my own preferences.
protomanblues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I read the chapters of this I could find and really enjoyed it, despite me not being the 'target audience'.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:21 pm Reply with quote
CatzCradle wrote:
Who said anything about Naruto hating? Truth is, I actually enjoy reading the manga. But I do enjoy Nabari no Ou more because of my own preferences.

Well, I don't know. It just rubbed me the wrong way that you said this series was somehow better simply because of it's demograph. But, I guess if you just meant that as a girl, you prefer something more for girls, that should be just fine. Smile
infinitebeauty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's quite obvious these last two posters just want to find exuses to bash on Naruto. I just knew there were gonna be some haters in here......

Agh, not what I meant. I like Naruto, but it just goes on...and on...and on. Nabari no Ou looks a little more contained. When I said it looked a lot better, I meant it, but that doesn't mean that I hate Naruto. Just that I like the idea of a ninja-lad who isn't obsessed with being the best.
Also, better art. But that's a personal preference.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1