• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Rei, Asuka VAs Confirmed, Angel-Themed Villain Revealed for Shinkalion's Giant Eva Episode

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:53 am Reply with quote
At this point, I'm genuinely wondering if the Shinkalion crossover is what's caused the final Rebuild of Evangelion movie to jump back into production and maybe finally get finished. I mean, it could be an insane coincidence, but I guess people must have thought it was a cool idea if it managed to get this big, and maybe that extended to Hideaki Anno and friends. Could you imagine it?
Psajdak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:49 am Reply with quote
First of all, congratualation to Yuko Miyamura for her first anime since early 2000s that isn't Evangelion or Detective Conan; role is still Asuka from Evangelion, but still.

Second, am I really asking for too much for Yuko Miyamura, Megumi Hayashibara, Yuri Shiratori, and some other 90s stars to once again voice young characters again, or even have their own new main roles in today's time, when they can stil sound so young?

Or at least give us new Slayers already.
JohnRhogan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:31 am Reply with quote
When does this episode premiere? This I gotta see. I'm sure, like others, this'll quench one's Evangelion fix until the final movie is released.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:55 am Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
First of all, congratualation to Yuko Miyamura for her first anime since early 2000s that isn't Evangelion or Detective Conan; role is still Asuka from Evangelion, but still.

Second, am I really asking for too much for Yuko Miyamura, Megumi Hayashibara, Yuri Shiratori, and some other 90s stars to once again voice young characters again, or even have their own new main roles in today's time, when they can stil sound so young?

Or at least give us new Slayers already.

Megumi Hayashibara was the main lead in the Mardock Scramble movies a few years ago,and she was a young teenager.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:13 pm Reply with quote
#879773 wrote:
When does this episode premiere? This I gotta see. I'm sure, like others, this'll quench one's Evangelion fix until the final movie is released.

August 11 in Japan!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
r even have their own new main roles in today's time, when they can stil sound so young?

You should look forward for Karakuri Circus in Fall then.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Nice. Smile
Ashley Hakker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm legit doing a viewing party with friends for this. Which is neat cause with how you can stream MOST anime upon release, this is a rarity these days.
anddo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:54 pm Reply with quote
So excited for this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1