• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mr. Tonegawa (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:32 am Reply with quote

Mr. Tonegawa (TV)
(Spinoff from) Kaiji (TV) + Kaiji 2 (TV)

Genres: Comedy, Drama, Parody, Psychological, Seinen

Plot Summary: Teiai Group is one of Japan's largest firms. Yukio Tonegawa, a man with a larger-than-life presence and sharp intellect, works as the right-hand man of Chairman Kazutaka Hyodo. One day, the chairman commands Tonegawa to spearhead "Game of Death," an evil project that employs debtors. He rallies his direct reports and scrambles to form Team Tonegawa, only to encounter a barrage of challenges from the erratic chairman and his disloyal employees, ultimately leading to his demotion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:41 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one watching this? I'm having a great time with it. The narrator absolutely makes it. He's hilarious. But what he's narrating is also crazy funny. From the Men-in-Black henchmen with the hard to remember names and the same hobby of bowling, to the ridiculous situations caused by the rules of hierarchy, there's always something bizarre going on.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:40 am Reply with quote
Ebitani can sell them all to Red Lobster for Lobster Fest.

Tonegawa should just put out a hit on him. Ebitani's going to get him killed one of these days if he keeps trying to salvage him.

I really like the OP song for this. It reminds me somehow of "Rin! Rin! Hi! Hi!" the OP for Nanbaka, although I can't find any connection between the artists.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1