• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Listed With Canadian Premiere on September 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:45 am Reply with quote
Did eng dub ARCV ever finish airing?
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:20 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

It did, in Canada and Australia. Not yet in America. I'm still steamed that NickToons(who airs Arc-V in the US) skipped Season Two(the season with Jack and Crow from 5D's). Thankfully there's Netflix.
Re'Nell Glover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:07 am Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

It did, in Canada and Australia. Not yet in America. I'm still steamed that NickToons(who airs Arc-V in the US) skipped Season Two(the season with Jack and Crow from 5D's). Thankfully there's Netflix.

And Hulu.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:12 am Reply with quote
Re'Nell Glover wrote:
cyberdraco wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

And Hulu.

Forgot about that one, thanks. Oh and DVD too.
Re'Nell Glover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Given Nicktoons' awful history of airing the franchise (since March 2013, actually), I don't expect VRAINS to air on that network (and I highly doubt any other network will pick it up, either); even though 4K Media/Konami has constantly stressed that they want to get the dubs of these shows aired on TV first, it may be time for them to reconsider
GNPixie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:31 pm Reply with quote
It's worth pointing out Canada is blocked from the subbed stream on CR since its debut so this isn't surprising.
HK16

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Masahiro Hosoda (Heroes ~Legend of Battle Disks~ , Nangoku Shounen Papuwa-kun) is directing the anime at GALLOP.

Haven't been following the series, huh? Hosoda hasn't directed VRAINS since episode 13. Katsuya Asano took over as director starting with episode 14 to now.

Quote:
Shinkichi Mitsumune (Yu-Gi-Oh!) is composing the music.

Mitsumune didn't work on Yu-Gi-Oh!. He worked on Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters... or as ANN weirdly calls it... Yu-Gi-Oh! (TV 2/2000). You guys should get that fixed.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:51 pm Reply with quote
HK16 wrote:
Mitsumune didn't work on Yu-Gi-Oh!. He worked on Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters... or as ANN weirdly calls it... Yu-Gi-Oh! (TV 2/2000). You guys should get that fixed.

I could be wrong but it could be because the english name for the show is indeed just Yu-Gi-Oh!.
Thaumana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Can't say that I ever understand the hatred regarding some of the old series. Nothing concerning the quality in comparison to the current show which set a record of recap episodes so far in my opinion. Maybe it's even on the best way as anime with the most recap episodes in history? The tiny bits of the overall plot and even a few characters are interesting enough but it won't compensate the waste of screentime. It makes less fun to watch with every new recap.

And yes, I know why that happens but that won't make it look any better. But well, it can't be helped.
HK16

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:
HK16 wrote:

I could be wrong but it could be because the english name for the show is indeed just Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Which is why I said "weirdly." The English dub called Yu-Gi-Oh! aired in 2001... or 2002 (The point is that it is not 2000). What does ANN have it as?

Quote:
Yu-Gi-Oh! (TV 2/2000)

Incorrect info. That's what happens when you change things from their original version. It never makes sense. lol
Re'Nell Glover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:09 pm Reply with quote
HK16 wrote:
Hagaren Viper wrote:
HK16 wrote:

Which is why I said "weirdly." The English dub called Yu-Gi-Oh! aired in 2001... or 2002 (The point is that it is not 2000). What does ANN have it as?

Quote:
Yu-Gi-Oh! (TV 2/2000)

Incorrect info. That's what happens when you change things from their original version. It never makes sense. lol

The show started airing in Japan in 2000, then here in the US in 2001. Also, according to ravegrl, 4K Media has not officially announced the premiere of the VRAINS dub for anywhere outside Asia yet
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1