• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation TV Ranking, August 13-19 [2018-08-23]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Welp there goes any hopes of S4 of HeroAca. What an atrocious collapse.

I knew they did wrong withadd original material for Yaoyaorozu turning people off from the show. Should have made it a full Shoto episode as his part was great, and worst, they shouldnt haven't split KiriKamiBaku into two episodes and had it all in one, its like the best moment of all heroAca, litrally.

They have only themselves to blame for this disaster.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

I knew they did wrong withadd original material for Yaoyaorozu turning people off from the show. Should have made it a full Shoto episode as his part was great, and worst, they shouldnt haven't split KiriKamiBaku into two episodes and had it all in one, its like the best moment of all heroAca, litrally.

Uh....? It simply got bumped off the top 10? It happens. Anpanman was likely what pushed it off this week, as it normally doesn't rank. Doesn't mean it tanked.

Also, keep in mind, My Hero Academia's rating go from anywhere from 2.8% to around 5.0%ish. Sometimes if an episode doesn't jive with the audience that week, viewership can be down. Conan goes through some extremes at times, which airs next to it.

One last quick edit: My Hero Academia apparently has really high sales for the companies involved with licensing and such. Plus it's help pushing manga sales, too, along with merchandising. That, in itself, is not a failure.

Don't judge by a one off week.
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

What disaster? MHA didn't make to the top 10 this week, so what it happens. Black Clover never touch the top ten and it still on the air. Season 4 still happening, unless MHA sells take a big nosedive
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

What are you even talking about? We've gotten an original content before and sometimes the show isn't in the "top 10" of the week, it's really not a big deal. As other people here said that happens with a lot other shows both Western and Japanese.

You just sound extremely upset about things you personally didn't like and have turned into a doomsayer. Also the series is still one of the highest grossing anime/manga series in Japan last I checked.
bigivel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:31 pm Reply with quote
HoboSoup wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

What are you even talking about? We've gotten an original content before and sometimes the show isn't in the "top 10" of the week, it's really not a big deal. As other people here said that happens with a lot other shows both Western and Japanese.

You just sound extremely upset about things you personally didn't like and have turned into a doomsayer. Also the series is still one of the highest grossing anime/manga series in Japan last I checked.

He exagerating, but he is right you know. The timeslot of My Hero Academia is not equivalent to Black Clover one. The previous series in that Timeslot never went out of the Top 10 list and did a lot better in terms of ratings than My Hero Academia. In fact, My Hero Academia previous season also didn't do that good in the timeslot.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

You might want to read this...
https://twitter.com/liborek3/status/1025702948872093696
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Welp there goes any hopes of S4 of HeroAca. What an atrocious collapse

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!
That's the funniest thing I've heard all day, including the crap my senile 94-year-old grandmother says. Laughing

Good one.
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:59 pm Reply with quote
bigivel wrote:

He exagerating, but he is right you know. The timeslot of My Hero Academia is not equivalent to Black Clover one. The previous series in that Timeslot never went out of the Top 10 list and did a lot better in terms of ratings than My Hero Academia. In fact, My Hero Academia previous season also didn't do that good in the timeslot.

You talking about Time Bokan: The Villains Strike Back? (still, need to catch up on it.) It makes sense it doing better than MHA, it built off a brand name from the 70's vs MHA three years Anime and four years Manga. Think about this, MHA is the youngest show on the top 10 brand wise. So, yes MHA is doing good for its age. Season 4 will happen, the worst that can happen to MHA is if they change its timeslot. But they probably don't have a show to put there since Time Bokan is on break (I think)
bigivel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:08 am Reply with quote
Replica_Rabbit wrote:

You talking about Time Bokan: The Villains Strike Back? (still, need to catch up on it.) It makes sense it doing better than MHA, it built off a brand name from the 70's vs MHA three years Anime and four years Manga. Think about this, MHA is the youngest show on the top 10 brand wise. So, yes MHA is doing good for its age. Season 4 will happen, the worst that can happen to MHA is if they change its timeslot. But they probably don't have a show to put there since Time Bokan is on break (I think)

Not just about time bokan, but all other series in that timeslot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1