• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anima Yell! Cheerleading Anime Reveals More Cast, Staff, Song Artists, October 7 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:48 am Reply with quote
Ah, so nice! No male teacher/trainer for once like in Hanebado and Uma Musume. Will be such a pleasure to see this.
nDroae

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Also been looking forward to this. The coach recently introduced in Harukana Receive is the foreign girls' mom Wink And Revue Starlight has a female teacher, though her role as trainer hasn't been very active so far, with the girls' success seeming to rely on their mental/emotional/relational state and putting in hours of practice, rather than any specific instruction.

That's alright, that's okay, you're gonna pump our gas someday
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Now this is what a CGDCT or mostly-female anime should be. Cute girls being trained by a cute teacher (girl). We need more of this. Perhaps certain shows can learn a thing or two from this and Revue Starlight. Also, the teacher (girl) is lovely.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:08 am Reply with quote
I'm already used to how much yuri fans hate male characters and heterosexuality, but it looks like I'll never get used to what I see similar comments even under the CGDCT show, where obviously there will not be any serious male characters.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:18 pm Reply with quote
#HayamiLover wrote:
I'm already used to how much yuri fans hate male characters and heterosexuality, but it looks like I'll never get used to what I see similar comments even under the CGDCT show, where obviously there will not be any serious male characters.

Says the "yuri fan" who thinks Hibike and Amanchu are Class S. Uma Musume and Hanebado could have been much better shows if it only had had female trainers/coaches instead of being "nice girls, teacher guy" stereotypes.
nDroae

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Some scattered thoughts:

1) Hanebado... nice girls? Nah Wink

2) Uma Musume was awesome, my only problem with the coach was the dumb gag of him grabbing girls' legs without their consent. (Also that he went into dense MC mode when the hot rival coach was wanting him)

3) I am in the "Anime MILFs & Mature Women Fan Club" on MAL so yes, always more female teacher characters, please. Sawa-chan-sensei Anime smile
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:56 pm Reply with quote
1) Hanebado definitely has nice, sexy girls. Such a shame that there are at least three boys who try to be relevant but are just use/worthless and eyesore. That is not the kind of women's sports anime that I want. The author could have made it into boys and girls playing badminton with equal amount of attention on both genders.

2) Uma Musume shot itself in the foot when they introduced him. Granted, this was created by the people who did Idolmaster but this "X girls, teacher guy" shtick is getting stale that some works (i.e. 95% of mobage) which base themselves on it are just clones of each other. We are in the generation where CGDCT continues to grow thanks to Manga Time Kirara and the yuri market is progressing with its recent shows. The fact that Uma Musume used Granblue Fantasy's game bonuses to make a profit is just embarrassing. It showed that it was not going to be a success before that. If anything, the profit should have gone to GBF, not to those horse charities.

3) We need more older women helping out cute girls in their lives, like Sawa-chan-sensei, Nana from Yuru Yuri, and Okaa-san from Yuyushiki. Sawa-chan-sensei is the best mature woman in a CGDCT series in my opinion.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:56 pm Reply with quote
nDroae wrote:
2) Uma Musume was awesome, my only problem with the coach was the dumb gag of him grabbing girls' legs without their consent. (Also that he went into dense MC mode when the hot rival coach was wanting him)

3) I am in the "Anime MILFs & Mature Women Fan Club" on MAL so yes, always more female teacher characters, please. Sawa-chan-sensei Anime smile

At first I thought that P.A.Works just got used to writing harem's MC, but then I remembered that this studio never wrote romance in the form of a harem. Anyway, you love mature women in anime, huh? Then how about Thomas's mom from a recent Harukana? Wink
nDroae

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:43 pm Reply with quote
I miss my Okaa-san-sensei in Kirara Fantasia :/

#HayamiLover wrote:
Anyway, you love mature women in anime, huh? Then how about Thomas's mom from a recent Harukana? Wink

See my first reply in this thread Smile
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:16 am Reply with quote
The director behind this anime is a woman though.
nDroae

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:52 pm Reply with quote
TarutoClown93 wrote:

What's this a reply to?

Anima Yell's creator/mangaka is a woman, according to this.
https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=6634
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:40 pm Reply with quote
nDroae wrote:
Anima Yell's creator/mangaka is a woman, according to this.
https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=6634

Many authors of Manga Time Kirara are women, since many of their authors are a fanartist from pixiv, dojin circles, etc.Including the authors of the recent Slow Start and Comic Girl.
nDroae

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm good with that. Hidamari Sketch is the greatest.

I hope the periphery demographic female moe fanbase grows. Mr. Green I saw a mom on CR say she and her daughter loved watching Comic Girls together.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:21 pm Reply with quote
nDroae wrote:
TarutoClown93 wrote:

What's this a reply to?

I think it's a reply to the incorrect pronoun "his" being used in the article.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1