• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Boruto, Pokémon Sun & Moon Anime Switch Timeslots to Sunday Starting in October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:51 am Reply with quote
Another boruto change wow.

I loved looking forward to boruto before work.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:02 am Reply with quote
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Chibi Maruko-chan is airing on Fuji at 6 p.m.? I’m not sure Pokemon can handle this fight.
Ushio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:56 am Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t Chibi Maruko-chan is airing on Fuji at 6 p.m.? I’m not sure Pokemon can handle this fight.

TV shows don't compete with what's in the same timeslot they compete with programs on the same channel.

Will Boruto and Pokémon be able to get better ratings than the programs they are replacing in this new timeslot? will the programs that are taking their current timeslots get better ratings?

Those are what the network takes into account not what is on other channels.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Since Boruto is being removed from prime time, could this be taken as an indicator that the show is underperforming?
tintor2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:50 pm Reply with quote
JaggedAuthor wrote:
Since Boruto is being removed from prime time, could this be taken as an indicator that the show is underperforming?

I really have no idea but there was a staff change after Momoshiki's arc. Still, isn't the Sunday time slot quite more challenging?
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:23 pm Reply with quote
JaggedAuthor wrote:

Hard to say, but this probably has more to do with the fact that Sundays are popular days for TV viewing in Japan. Many of the most popular anime on TV, such as One Piece, Precure, Sazae-San and Chibi Maruko-Chan, all air on Sunday. It's becoming the day for popular anime, it seems.
Shinuki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:39 pm Reply with quote
JaggedAuthor wrote:

Way to go and forget that Pokemon (the most popular anime of Tv Tokyo) is changing together, the channel even stated in the article that is because Sunday is the best day to relax and watch anime.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Shinuki wrote:
JaggedAuthor wrote:

Way to go and forget that Pokemon (the most popular anime of Tv Tokyo) is changing together, the channel even stated in the article that is because Sunday is the best day to relax and watch anime.

I didn't forget that Pokemon is also changing timeslots, but since this is the second time in less than a year that it's happened to Boruto, I'm genuinely curious as to why. I took the network's statement about Sunday being a good day for relaxation with a grain of salt, as it was vague and didn't shed much light on how well Boruto is performing in its current slot. While this isn't the case with every timeslot shakeup, networks typically move shows around when they're not entirely satisfied with their numbers and feel that they'd do a better job of connecting with their respective target audiences on different days and/or times. This isn't necessarily an indicator that a show is failing, but it can often be taken to mean that it's not pulling in the desired numbers for its specific slot. Of course, that may not be the case here, and based on some of the answers I've gotten, I'm inclined to believe that it's more a matter of TV Tokyo wanting to compete with other networks' Sunday anime blocks.

I hadn't heard about Boruto's recent staff changes. I'd definitely be interested to learn more.
D-Rock

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:13 am Reply with quote
I saw the word "Switch" and got overly excited for a second.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1