• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lord of Vermilion: The Crimson King (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:23 am Reply with quote

Lord of Vermilion: The Crimson King (TV)

Plot Summary: Tokyo in 2030. In a suburban area, suddenly a high-frequency resonant sound is heard, and at the same time a red mist shrouds the area. Anyone who hears the sound, be it human or animal, loses consciousness. The government estimates that it might be an unidentified virus, and fearful of an epidemic, blockades Tokyo and moves its base to Osaka. However, six days after the incident, those who lost consciousness from the sound awaken for no apparent reason. Those blockaded in Tokyo slowly start to get the city functioning again, but after that day strange incidents start to occur at the blockade border. Those who have awakened a hidden blood power arise, are drawn to one another, and must face a cruel fate.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

I am really getting sick with some of the lack of logic and bullshit. Since the previous episode, I have no idea how all the characters put blame of one of their numbers running off on her own and being killed to the fault of the girl who turned her back on the enemies, I don't think they even interreacted.

And this episode had the reporter saying the main character should have died with his father in forced suicide, and that killing his father in defence would make him a murderer. It is f-ing sick, and even if the reporter was meant to be wrong on things, the frame of mind was so disgusting that I straight up don't want there to be anything redeeming about him. Through this episode he also kept calling the main character a murderer, despite the fact he even knew the facts that he did not deliver the final blow and was only defending himself. This is not edgy, I would go so far as to say toxic, and what should be a killing blow to an already underperforming series.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:13 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Don't you dare pull that, don't pretend that you are going on, or actually go on for that matter. Because this series is trash the latest in a line of things like Kings Game. That might not seem apt, because maybe the way it killed off characters was not as trashy, but how it used general death of many background people as a prop. Their villains are just the worst, manic wide eyed nuts, that really were not that interesting. The old man dyeing from being kicked. What did it even mean for him to do anything, when apparently his own ally (doctor girl) did not trust him, and still kept going? They had that girl as a sort of happy place in the end, but she no doubt is responsible for some thousand deaths. And Yuri, it is like she was written to be totally not offensive, but that in itself kind of made her annoying, especially in how it felt such little sense was connected to her. Shouting about some boy being exactly the same, or changing, is stupid and insane.

I really don't want to give a full in depth review of this, I am happy to see it over. I give it a rating of Weak (3/10), I wish that I did something better with my time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1