• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Double Decker!, Space Battleship Tira

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toonces

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Nice, glad to see they're picking up Slime and continuing Black Clover. Hopefully they'll pick up Goblin Slayer and Radiant next.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Kinda interesting to see Funi get Double Decker considering Viz got Tiger and Bunny. [/u]
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Black Clover continues! Hopefully they get Radiant too. With MHA finishing I need more then just BC.

The KyoAni Archery show is Noitamina right? So that's out of the question.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:22 pm Reply with quote
^Tsurune is on NHK, so it's almost certainly up for grabs. Whether or not they'll simuldub it is a little more questionable though. For the record, this season's Noitamina series is just the 2nd half of Banana Fish
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Toonces wrote:
Nice, glad to see they're picking up Slime and continuing Black Clover. Hopefully they'll pick up Goblin Slayer and Radiant next.

I would love if they got Goblin Slayer. I also hope they snatch up Bloom Into You
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:31 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
^Tsurune is on NHK, so it's almost certainly up for grabs. Whether or not they'll simuldub it is a little more questionable though. For the record, this season's Noitamina series is just the 2nd half of Banana Fish

Hope never dies! Awesome, I'm hoping it will be picked up then.
Shar Aznabull

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Surprised Funi got Double Decker, I would have figured that Viz would get dibs. Tiger & Bunny has one of the best dubs in recent memory so I hope they can keep that level of quality up.
Vizo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I had a feeling they'd simuldub the slime anime. Since Index and Fairy Tail simuldubs are likely, all I would need is Goblin Slayer.Wink
Raikuro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Kinda glad Viz didn't get Double Decker, since they're soooo slow at releasing stuff. Really wanted Tiger & Bunny in a complete collection and still waiting for it... over 5 years later...
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Brina Palencia for...someone. The Slime? I'd explain but then I'd give away the story. Kinda just did in a way.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited they are getting involved in the tiger and bunny universe. Can't wait to see what they do.

Now I'm being selfish here but I am really hoping they do at least 18 simuldubs if not more this fall. There's too many shows this season that need a simuldub
Toonces

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:18 am Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
Now I'm being selfish here but I am really hoping they do at least 18 simuldubs if not more this fall. There's too many shows this season that need a simuldub

I think they usually do about 17-19, so you’re in luck.

Counting these 4, they’ve also announced SSSS.Gridman and Tokyo Ghoul re 2. They will almost certainly get Golden Kamuy 2, Index 3, Ace Attorney 2, Senran Kagura 2 and Fairy Tail too. That leaves 6-8 more.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Nice announcements. So with Tokyo ghoul the list is shaping up nicely already.

Cant wait for de Index S3 en Fairy Tail simuldubs announcements.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Toonces wrote:

Yeah, I'd love to see simuldubs for both of these.

Shar Aznabull wrote:
Surprised Funi got Double Decker, I would have figured that Viz would get dibs. Tiger & Bunny has one of the best dubs in recent memory so I hope they can keep that level of quality up.

Agreed, just seeing this now was a big surprise. That was an amazing dub. Hopefully they can do it, I think they can. Probably one of my most anticipated of the upcoming season, which is loaded with stuff I can't wait to see. The show looks awesome.

Vizo wrote:
I had a feeling they'd simuldub the slime anime. Since Index and Fairy Tail simuldubs are likely, all I would need is Goblin Slayer.Wink

Yup, shaping up to be a crazy good simuldub season. I really hope they get Goblin Slayer too. Extra hyped for that since it's supposed to be pretty good and I love so many shows that Kurata and Kuroda have written for.

More Space Battleship Tiramisu is gonna be a lot of fun also.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:50 am Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
I'm excited they are getting involved in the tiger and bunny universe. Can't wait to see what they do.

If they did 8-10 simuldubs each season, then they could devote some more resources to lessening the frequency of some of the home video releases getting delayed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2