• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kimi wo Shinryakuseyo! Manga Ends in Shonen Jump

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Yet another victim of the machine. Super Eyepatch Wolf can be really prophetic sometimes, huh?
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Yet another victim of the machine. Super Eyepatch Wolf can be really prophetic sometimes, huh?

I don't think you need a pompous and elitist YouTuber to you tell you that this series wasn't going to last. No offense meant towards the series or the fans but it didn't reach wide enough of an audience with the demographic of the magazine, at least to my knowledge.

Also I never saw a ton of hype around the series, which usually if I see people in various communities talking about a series it usually does pretty well.

Last edited by HoboSoup on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:

Meh, it a comedy Manga that repeats the same jokes. I feel the editors didn't want to cancel it since it lasts longer than E-Robot and Love Rush (they only got like two volumes). I still don't understand why people say Jump is a machine that destroys Manga. World Trigger still part of Jump, and it has been on hiatus for two years
Calico

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised. It wasn't very good at all.
Morry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:44 pm Reply with quote
A shame. I really liked the premise, and the artist definitely has room to grow, but You can't blame them if it's not grabbing readers.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Would have been better if this and some of the other canceled Weekly Shounen Jump in the last 3 years had started out as e-manga? They could potentially have reached a wider digital audience. As far it being done weekly, that is between the writer/artist and the publisher.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1