• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Final Fantasy XV Sales Top 8.1 Million Worldwide

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HK16

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:28 pm Reply with quote
8.1m is nice and all, but what's the split.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Pretty amazing. Although not as controversial a title as XIII, this installment had a lot of promise and the amount of content they released for the game afterwards was awesome. It’s among my favorite games in the series, tbh. If certain elements were available at launch, then it probably would have been my favorite.

I am interested in seeing the sales breakdown by console.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Well, shows how much a very flawed game can still be a bestseller nowadays. XV has got to be one of the worst main FF, if not for their DLC tactics which is seriously queer. It had 10 years worth of brainstorming/working and we were given that initial release that is just plain crap. I used to think XII was bad, but XV was way worse than it. Ofc, nothing beats the notorious XIII though.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
Well, shows how much a very flawed game can still be a bestseller nowadays. XV has got to be one of the worst main FF, if not for their DLC tactics which is seriously queer. It had 10 years worth of brainstorming/working and we were given that initial release that is just plain crap. I used to think XII was bad, but XV was way worse than it. Ofc, nothing beats the notorious XIII though.

Um no. The FFXV that was released didn’t go into full production until about 2013. Anything before that was scrapped or used as the template for the current game. It was a game stuck in production limbo for several years. That was sure to take some toll on the final product. But even still they recognized a lot of their mistakes post launch and have done a lot of work to rectify the experience. Yes, games need to be complete at launch, but it’s not surprising that FFXV ended up being what it was. And even then, the game was very much complete. The only major complaint I can wholeheartedly concede to is the rush job on the last few chapters.
WatcherZer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:39 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the world of ruin was an unbalanced mess, but putting that aside it was also obvious that there was significant cut content when your crossing the giant new continent to the enemy capital on the train as a lot of the places you pass aren't just dummy scenery but proper maps but you never stop to explore them.
CurseTheSky

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:10 pm Reply with quote
I must be about the only person around that actually loves FFXV. The only FF game I've enjoyed and completed since FFX.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:36 pm Reply with quote
CurseTheSky wrote:
I must be about the only person around that actually loves FFXV. The only FF game I've enjoyed and completed since FFX.
Same here!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1