• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Enjoying Drop Kick on my Devil!? Staff Urge Viewers to Buy Home Video Releases for 2nd Sea

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Random Name

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:08 pm Reply with quote
I would love a second season. It's been tied with Encouragement to Climb just below Harukana Recieve and Revue Starlight for my favorite of the season.
AholePony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:36 pm Reply with quote
It'll be interesting to see if a second season ever happens. Im not a fan of this show, I find the mean spirited humor off-putting, but I'm sure there are fans out there. I guess we'll see how many.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:02 pm Reply with quote
But the thing is, If the staff truly cares about disc sales that much, they should not sell the discs as blu-ray boxes, which are much more expensive than individual sets. Also, the boxes are Amazon exclusive, I don’t know what are they thinking for not making the blu day available for all stores.
Gator Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:10 pm Reply with quote
So much for the argument that streaming is how shows make most of their money.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
I would love a second season. It's been tied with Encouragement to Climb just below Harukana Recieve and Revue Starlight for my favorite of the season.

Also ship Jashin x Medusa? Yeah, I don't know if this has the chance to become a canon, but this ship looks nice.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
But the thing is, If the staff truly cares about disc sales that much, they should not sell the discs as blu-ray boxes, which are much more expensive than individual sets. Also, the boxes are Amazon exclusive, I don’t know what are they thinking for not making the blu day available for all stores.

I don't think that's the staff's decision to make. Isn't that the sort of thing the production committee decides?
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:19 pm Reply with quote
AholePony wrote:
It'll be interesting to see if a second season ever happens. Im not a fan of this show, I find the mean spirited humor off-putting, but I'm sure there are fans out there. I guess we'll see how many.

Exactly, the comedy threw me off by the second episode but hey! the fans would sure love a second season.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:02 am Reply with quote
fuuma_monou wrote:

I don't think that's the staff's decision to make. Isn't that the sort of thing the production committee decides?

Exactly. I also don't see any specific threshold mentioned, so unless it was one of the most successful anime of the year in sales, they could always claim they didn't sell enough.
TheOtakuX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:19 am Reply with quote
I'd rather get the manga released in the US, but a second season is the next best thing.
Octorockandroll

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:39 am Reply with quote
Haven't seen it but I'll buy it on principle because I want to encourage that sort of upfront PR. Some may call it tactless, I call it clarity.
anddo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:49 am Reply with quote
I'll import the BD if it has English subs. I like the show and I for one understand that home releases are virtually the only way to support anime I like, not the 10 cents that come from my Crunchyroll subscription.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:18 pm Reply with quote
It is a nice cute show and Pekola could use a hug or two. Would love to see a second seasons if that is possible.
Random Name

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:01 pm Reply with quote
#HayamiLover wrote:
Also ship Jashin x Medusa? Yeah, I don't know if this has the chance to become a canon, but this ship looks nice.
Yes and honestly it sometimes seems like it's canon already.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:49 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
#HayamiLover wrote:
Yes and honestly it sometimes seems like it's canon already.

It is debatable, but in any case, I like their quasi-family dynamics, so I also hope for the second season. Good show, so many my beloved Gabriel DropOut vibes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1