• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Capcom Reveals Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle Collection of Classic Side-Scrollers

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:15 am Reply with quote
No Alien vs. Pedator? Come on, guys.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:51 am Reply with quote
There are obvious reasons as to why Alien vs. Predator isn't in this collection, same as for the lack of Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, The Punisher, & both Dungeons & Dragons games. If anything, we're lucky that we're getting Warriors of Fate (though no Dynasty Wars, but of well), since that's based on the Shonen Jump manga Tenchi wo Kurau by Hiroshi Motomiya; the current relationship between Capcom & Moto Kikaku for Strider is obviously responsible for this.

Regardless of those missing titles, though, this is an awesome collection, & the fact that it's coming out next week is amazing. One can only hope that this does well enough to prompt Capcom to make more "bundles" like this. For example, I'd love to have a "Fighting Bundle" that can give short-lived or single-entry fighters a new or first-time release, like the Slam Masters games, Cyberbots, the Mega Man arcade games, or even Red Earth.
Giant_Robo_28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
For example, I'd love to have a "Fighting Bundle" that can give short-lived or single-entry fighters a new or first-time release, like the Slam Masters games, Cyberbots, the Mega Man arcade games, or even Red Earth.

Man, if they released a Fighting Bundle for their single entry games, I'd be all about that!
TheAnimeRevolutionizer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
or even Red Earth.

Is it wrong of me to say that Red Earth is more like a beat em up in that you are essentially engaged in more of the boss fighting than 1 on 1 fighting? You don't even get to play as the monster characters.... though it does play more like the original Street Fighter....
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Red Earth is definitely a "boss rush" game, but I'd still consider it more of a fighting game, especially since it did see representation in Capcom Fighting Evolution, which was a Capcom-only fighting game crossover. Sure, I can see the argument that it's more of a beat'em up than a fighter, but since it's not in this collection, might as well theoretically put it with the other fighting games that haven't had recent re-releases yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1