• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Former Kemono Friends Director Tatsuki: 'I Haven't Received Any Script Royalties'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, the whole situation is looks like a big pile of crap and another level of scumming from KF production committee.

1) Tatsuki cannot get any royalties for his script, even if he did a work for a whole show, because he's not a member of a Japan Writers Guild. Yeah, that level of bullshitting, which makes life difficult for beginner writers, exist in Japan on corporate level - and need to be changed, in my opinion.

2) But even if we exclude that, if the part about Tatsuki not received a single yen of fee is true - that's supposed to be serious administrative crime and violation of labor law for a subcontractor job. Even if he's not supposed to be a script writer of the first season in the first place and it wasn't part of his contract, as he was show director - he's one did that, and his name on the title. If production committee can get so easily to not pay for the job in more than 1,5 years after show release - the industry is more corrupted and unlawful that you ever thinked.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:20 pm Reply with quote
The KF Production Committee needs to be fined to oblivion and maybe locked up for a year. With all of this nonense and corporate tyranny, I'd be surprised if this sells better than the 1st season of Etotama and unlike that anime it's not getting another season ever since KF has been destroyed scorched earth style reputation-wise.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:11 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Well, the whole situation is looks like a big pile of crap and another level of scumming from KF production committee.

1) Tatsuki cannot get any royalties for his script, even if he did a work for a whole show, because he's not a member of a Japan Writers Guild. Yeah, that level of bullshitting, which makes life difficult for beginner writers, exist in Japan on corporate level - and need to be changed, in my opinion.

2) But even if we exclude that, if the part about Tatsuki not received a single yen of fee is true - that's supposed to be serious administrative crime and violation of labor law for a subcontractor job. Even if he's not supposed to be a script writer of the first season in the first place and it wasn't part of his contract, as he was show director - he's one did that, and his name on the title. If production committee can get so easily to not pay for the job in more than 1,5 years after show release - the industry is more corrupted and unlawful that you ever thinked.

meh, thats pretty common, usually contracts have a "do anything we ask for for no extra money" clause.
casenumber00

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:30 am Reply with quote
Lets hope fans step up and NOT purchase the 2nd season of Kemono Friends out of disgust. Last time I really remember fans ever doing anything like this was for Kokoro Connect when a few members of the voices, and maybe the production staff, played awful pranks and humiliated an aspiring voice actor. Fans organized hate message to everyone, even those not involved, and the production of Kokoro Connect was cut shot from its initial episodes. I dont think the production should not have suffered, since it is better than most anime, but rather those who were directly involved. In the end, those who bullied the guy still have fulfilling careers and the guy is still getting subpar roles.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:03 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
The KF Production Committee needs to be fined to oblivion and maybe locked up for a year. With all of this nonense and corporate tyranny, I'd be surprised if this sells better than the 1st season of Etotama and unlike that anime it's not getting another season ever since KF has been destroyed scorched earth style reputation-wise.

These are the same type of corporate tyrants who might complain about media piracy, but they also might withhold royalty payments.
HK16

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:00 pm Reply with quote
F Kadokawa. This situation is all types of messed up. I hope TATSUKI shows Kadokawa that they F'd up by screwing him.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1