• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Harukana Receive

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6 was the best so far, despite the art kinda looking a little odd at times (to me anyways) the match was cool, it was nice to see Narumi and Ayasa again, but I wanna see Ai and Mai (I definitely, probably could actually see yuri with them) make reappearances too, despite only being in 3 episodes we've learned so much about them and how strong they are as friends, maybe all eight of the girls we've met so far could actually meet and become friends together, or what if a second season actually gets made and they reappear? Maybe that's just wishful thinking, but just food for thought.

And that scene with Haruka and Kanata after they won was also touching, and let's not forget the ending with Kamekichi Laughing

I also saw the opening for episode 7 and well...I felt like I was watching a completely different anime, with the magical girl fairy and such. Wonder what that was about, it looked like an April Fool's thing... Shocked

I wouldn't mind a magical girl series with a magical girl who plays volleyball, but don't we already have Minako/Sailor Venus, who's kinda an equivalent to that?
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:53 am Reply with quote
Quote:
This leads to a surprising sexy scene when Haruka “punishes” Kanata for talking about her “ex-girlfriend.”

Haruka was more intelligent than I thought she was. It seemed that she had completely forgotten about the that dialogue with Ayasa, but she instantly read the situation when she saw how Kanata continued to long for Narumi. However, the methods that she chose for this Embarassed ...
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:55 am Reply with quote
I’m a week behind, and only just got to Akari’s episode, but my goodness, I half expected her to look to the camera and go NICO NICO NIII before it was over.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:56 am Reply with quote
There are 2 things that kind of threw me off in episode 8. One, it's freakin' winter already? Could have fooled me (unless there were indications in previous episodes I didn't pick up). And two, yeah that was a really random drama plotline they just attached in the end. I don't know if they threw that in because they're running out of time so they can get back to the volleyball stuff or just show off the mom's crazy driving skills.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:42 pm Reply with quote
To me episode 9 is one of the better ones. I mostly watch Harukana Receive for the slice of life moments and the yuri undertones, but I really appreciated this last episode about playing beach volleyball. 4.5 stars from me.
zensunni

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Lauren_Orsini wrote:
Can you believe it's been a year since the Ai and Mai match in episodes five and six?

Well, not QUITE... This isn't the same tournament that they played Ai and Mai in. That was a local tournament AFTER the high school beach volleyball season was already over for the year. If you recall, the announcer talked about the fact that the Eclair duo took 2nd place at nationals. That was during their Junior Year. This tournament is the Okinawa Regional Tournament to qualify for the National Tournament during their Senior year. Ai's already graduated, which is why she's a ref and Mai has no partner for the tournament. The tournament they played in before was the Okinawa Junior Tournament, which is not a school tournament and is open to all people of a certain age or younger. One would think that Mai and Ai will probably still be eligible for that, since Ai is still under 20, but I don't know the rules.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:38 pm Reply with quote
By the way, nobody knows how many volumes they have already adapted? It seem to me that if the show receives second season, they could adapt the entire manga.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:30 pm Reply with quote
#HayamiLover wrote:
By the way, nobody knows how many volumes they have already adapted? It seem to me that if the show receives second season, they could adapt the entire manga.

Episode 9 almost got to the end of volume 4. At this pace, the anime will get pretty close to catching up with the manga (which is up to volume 6) by the time it ends.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:19 am Reply with quote
Hmm, thank you for the clarification.
Panino Manino

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:03 am Reply with quote
For those who care, in the last episode the girls finally wore a more professional bikini.
But still, the lower part of the set remains covering only half of their butts.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Ok, everything has been building up to this, but there's finally a really intense volleyball match of the classic "student vs teacher" variety. It's one of the few times waiting for the next episode feels excruciating.
Panino Manino

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:02 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
intense volleyball

In slow motion, no.
Helix91
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:38 pm Reply with quote
I've been thinking since the tournament started about whether the protagonist team has improved unrealistically fast. I think it makes sense for them to be a very strong team because they have a lot of advantages. Kanata was already an excellent player, and although she had stopped playing for a few years, it makes sense for her to pick it back up quickly. Haruka is athletic, and height really matters in beach volleyball. They also trained with a world class coach and had great partners to practice with (and they've been training for almost a year I think-the series just time-skipped over most of it). That said, I don't think it makes sense for them to beat Eclair, yet. The twins have always played together, and have been competing and practicing at a high level for much longer. I think it would be realistic for our protagonists to come in second in the qualifiers, and be fairly competitive with Emily and Clair, just not quite win.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Are they going to do a second season? I'm not sure they'll be able to wrap up this storyline in just one more episode.
#HayamiLover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:16 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Are they going to do a second season? I'm not sure they'll be able to wrap up this storyline in just one more episode.

It would be too bold to young manga from Manga Time Kirara. I also thought that they would finish the match in the penultimate episode, but apparently they decided to stretch it to the very end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6