• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Final Fairy Tail Anime's New Visual Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louis6578

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I find it hard to believe that 10 years ago, I was watching each new episodes and thinking that this was a promising little shounen series. That truly feels like forever ago.

Now, I'm surprised this is getting made. I honestly think that if the final bits of manga (which even fans admit is terrible) were to never be adapted, the series would go out on a semi-high note, even if it's an incomplete one.
InuKag1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Please tell me they're doing a simulcast dub
CyberLance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:02 am Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
I find it hard to believe that 10 years ago, I was watching each new episodes and thinking that this was a promising little shounen series. That truly feels like forever ago.

Now, I'm surprised this is getting made. I honestly think that if the final bits of manga (which even fans admit is terrible) were to never be adapted, the series would go out on a semi-high note, even if it's an incomplete one.

Fairy Tail is still very popular and loved in Japan so thats why its anime will finish and thats why Fairy Tail is getting so many different things like movies, many spin-off mangas, art exhibitions and plenty other stuff.
The only thing Fairy Tail never got for some strange reason was a console video game like the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games or the One Piece Pirate Warriors games for example.

It never became a popular thing to hate on Fairy Tail in Japan like it did in the west.
Also most of the stuff in Fairy Tail that people here in the west complain about so much and use to hate on the series like the focus on friendship and the fanservice for example are very loved and popular things in Japan.

I really hope that the Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest series will get an anime eventually so the final season of the first Fairy Tail anime wont be the final time we see these wonderful characters and this wonderful world animated.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:33 am Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:

More often than not, whatever foreign fans feel about an anime comes second to how it's received in its home country when considering its success.

Take the Ace Attorney adaptation, for example. Western fans feel it's a terribly mediocre adaptation to a masterpiece game series that fails to capture what made the franchise so great, to the point where hardly anyone in the west really talks or even knows about it...yet it also got high TV ratings in Japan (that is, the number of people who tuned in to watch it on TV), and now it's getting a second season.
Feli1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:50 pm Reply with quote
immblueversion wrote:
louis6578 wrote:

More often than not, whatever foreign fans feel about an anime comes second to how it's received in its home country when considering its success.

Take the Ace Attorney adaptation, for example. Western fans feel it's a terribly mediocre adaptation to a masterpiece game series that fails to capture what made the franchise so great, to the point where hardly anyone in the west really talks or even knows about it...yet it also got high TV ratings in Japan (that is, the number of people who tuned in to watch it on TV), and now it's getting a second season.

Yeah they should really change that I ain’t a fan of how they handle things like if you’re gonna bother to bring something out of your country for others to enjoy you might as well
listen to them obviously I’m not saying this doesn’t happen but I am saying it should happen more
BringBackUzume

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:02 pm Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:

As a Fairy Tail fan, I disagree. Not everybody hated the end of the manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1