• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Hunting - NO Recommendation threads allowed! [READ THE 1st POST]

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:32 pm Reply with quote
TRSI is offering a sale that evidently is only good for this weekend. With 40% discounts, I am naturally intrigued. One of the anime on sale is Pita-Ten. As far as I can tell, there is nothing on ANN about it in terms of reviews. Normally I am loathe to do this, but with the time constraint I don't feel that I have much of a real choice. Therefore, I will ask:

Has anyone watched the show? If so, then what did you think of it?
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:05 am Reply with quote
I've not watched it but I read the manga many years ago. It's diabetes inducingly sweet, but the plot isn't bad.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:05 am Reply with quote
As with st_owly, I've not seen the anime but I did buy the first several volumes of the manga. It turned out much too sweet and cute for me. I no longer have the manga, so I probably gave it away at some point. The graphic on the TRSI solicitation is a good example of the art style.
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:13 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know any anime that has both samurai and demons in it?
I recently watched Utsunomiko and played Musya on SNES. While Utsunomiko sort of gave me that classical and supernatural Japanese experience, I'm looking for something more along the lines of "samurai battles evil Japanese demons from Hell". Like with Musya. I would like the same experience I had with Musya but in anime form so I was wondering if anyone knows of an anime that is kinda like it.
Or just something Kamakura/Muromachi era related.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:37 am Reply with quote
Heishi wrote:
Does anyone know any anime that has both samurai and demons in it?
I recently watched Utsunomiko and played Musya on SNES. While Utsunomiko sort of gave me that classical and supernatural Japanese experience, I'm looking for something more along the lines of "samurai battles evil Japanese demons from Hell". Like with Musya. I would like the same experience I had with Musya but in anime form so I was wondering if anyone knows of an anime that is kinda like it.
Or just something Kamakura/Muromachi era related.

Well, there is Yotoden- Wrath of the Ninja. It's pretty old, but not too bad if you don't mind the animation.
Set1229

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Not sure where to put this question.

I'm looking for anime suggestions where a character is so adorably innocent that it makes you wish you could adopt them.
I know of Tsumugi from Sweetness and Lightning, Hina Ichigo in Rozen Maiden and Lime from Saber Marionette.

(Insert Armstrong sparkly tears here)
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Set1229 wrote:

I know of Tsumugi from Sweetness and Lightning,

Dunno if your question has been answered to your satisfaction elsewhere..... What I am about to suggest is so obvious that I would be surprised if no one has suggested this elsewhere: Bunny Drop.

BTW: Bunny Drop is one of those rare anime where a lot of people (most?) thought that it was better than the source manga.....
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Set1229

You do not have your "Seen Anime" list publicly listed, so I do not know if you have seen
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. Barring any further response from you, I think this will be my last response.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:45 pm Reply with quote
I need anime recs where the male lead falls first for the female lead.
Bonus: I would like if the male has one sided love for episodes and him falling deeper before she falls in love with him too!
I need female lead to be likable and no cliche and annoying instead likable and different from cliche female lead.
Genre doesn't matter except ecchi, hentai , tragedy genre and no sad endings

Examples:
Maid sama
Hana yori dango (something like this!)
Special A
Rainbow days ( I liked how he fell in love with her instantly)

Thanks Smile
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:38 pm Reply with quote
@#893317

Kimagure Orange Road, coincidentally it will be out on Bluray at the end of March. He falls for her in the first scene of the show and spends the rest of the series trying to get her to admit she likes him as well. Kimagure is reported to mean whimsical or capricious which is how she treats him.
normsomers

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:05 pm Reply with quote
My frustration with finding a good series is that they only seem to last 1 season. Most often they end at episode 12 and they rarely resolve the main issue the series is based on. I have no example to share but I'm sure most of you have found series that match my question.

Any Ideas ?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:45 pm Reply with quote
@normsomers

From everything I've read here, the answer is fairly simple. Most of the type of anime that gets only one season are based on an existing manga or light novel. In these cases the primary funding is provided by the publisher of the original material and the show serves as an extended advertisement for the original story. If the anime is modestly successful sales of the manga or light novel are increased and no additional advertisement is necessary and a second season is not approved. If the show fails and sales are not improved they will not throw good money after bad. In many the ongoing series does not have enough new material to create an additional season. Generally the anime will take you to the end of a story arc. The central issue is not resolved because the manga or light novel series is not yet finished. Of course, once the original series is finished, there is no need for additional advertisement and hence no need for an additional seasons to complete the series.

Occasionally if the anime is very popular and there is enough material the show will be come a thing in itself and additional seasons will be authorized.

Original material (that is where there is no underlying manga or novel) is even more dependent on the popularity of the show as it has to be financially successful enough to warrant an additional season.
bogard087

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:08 pm Reply with quote
I sow the first poste, and i dont find Ecchi genre ?
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:57 pm Reply with quote
bogard087 wrote:
I sow the first poste, and i dont find Ecchi genre ?

Please read this post. Also, is English your primary language? Or is it secondary? Just trying to clarify.
goldenboy677

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:37 am Reply with quote
I’m looking to find anime NOT HENTAI.
Tired of watching anime with clouds covering the parts
If there is nudity in The scene I want to see it.
Just rewatched elfen lied and thought to my self if that anime was made today it would have dust clouds as she walks out of the labs in the first episode.

Anyways I’m looking for anime with plenty of nudity ( NOT HENTAI and not just PANTY SHOTS ) but actual nudity
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 16 of 17