• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Chio's School Road

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I have liked it all, sure some were weaker than others, but it is all good to me.
TheOtakuX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:19 am Reply with quote
Another time for me to disagree with the review. The first segment was one of the funniest the show's had, and the second, while not AS good, was still good.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:45 am Reply with quote
First half of this episode was meh. The Payday reference was nice I guess, but yeah they didn't do as much with the sleep dilemma as they could have.

The second half was absolutely hilarious though lol we got to see a new extent of Mananas strange side. Her little chuni monologues were pleasant to see escalate that glorious little mind break, and facial expressions had me smiling the entire time. My favorite had to be those wide eyes she made after hearing Yuki refer to her crush by first name, making what she thought was a close relationship seem like nothing Anime hyper I'm sure everyone's been in a similar position at one point or another.

But damn it Yuki, why you gotta do Manana like that lol she's pretty!
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:45 pm Reply with quote
That "preview" at the end of the last episode gave me the fleeting hope that they were going to announce a second season after the ED, but that sadly didn't happen. I guess it was meant as a "what could have been" montage. If only this were a show with two split cours, I believe it would have been able to adapt the entire manga, which is ending this month.
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:25 pm Reply with quote
The show never really did all that much with it's setting so it was just constrained by it in the end (not showing school/club skits). It's best asset were definitely the trio of friend by the side character were kinda hit and miss (mostly miss tbh).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3