• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: UQ Holder! GN 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:31 am Reply with quote
I'm restarting this thread. Let's keep the bile out this time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Merxamers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:26 am Reply with quote
I have to agree with the reviewer for this part of UQ Holder; any "harem" content just feels like a distraction for what makes this series enjoyable for me. I like Kuromaru a lot as a character, so i can appreciate their struggles and inner conflict here, but i still have trouble understanding why Mizore was added to the cast (beyond having her harem archetype). I still like the series a lot, but yeah, the harem antics are just annoying filler to me.
SkyLETV34

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:34 am Reply with quote
What happened to the very long comment against the review, why is only the one in favor left?
GhostD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:50 am Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:
I have to agree with the reviewer for this part of UQ Holder; any "harem" content just feels like a distraction for what makes this series enjoyable for me. I like Kuromaru a lot as a character, so i can appreciate their struggles and inner conflict here, but i still have trouble understanding why Mizore was added to the cast (beyond having her harem archetype). I still like the series a lot, but yeah, the harem antics are just annoying filler to me.

Because she's literally UQ's version of a younger Ayaka minus the class rep thing. Kuromaru is a combo of Konoka and Setsuna (even when you include spoiler[the loli look alikes]) and Kirie is Asuna.

Last edited by GhostD on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:21 am Reply with quote
SkyLETV34 wrote:
What happened to the very long comment against the review, why is only the one in favor left?

CENSORSHIP!1!1! is what happenend, of course! Rolling Eyes

Seriously, it was the same drivel by one of the usual suspects about how this site and it's reviewers are 'biased' and 'pushing their own political agenda' and omgdon'tlikewhatilike!. I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who's sick and tired of this crap by now, so thanks a lot to the mods for 'censoring' it.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:52 pm Reply with quote
SkyLETV34 wrote:

The entire thread was moved.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1