• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: CR's Anime Crimes Division, Voice Actor-Led Critical Role Nominated for Streamys

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gator Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:31 pm Reply with quote
"Streamys? Laughing Looks pretty cringy
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Wait, ProZD has a show? How did I not know this?
BreathoftheWater

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:21 am Reply with quote
NO ONE CARES!
Chester McCool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:14 am Reply with quote
So uh, Crunchyroll is giving random YouTubers shows now?
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:03 am Reply with quote
Chester McCool wrote:
So uh, Crunchyroll is giving random YouTubers shows now?

Hasn't that been a thing for a while now? Lol. Even Viewster and whatnot does it.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:09 am Reply with quote
Some of these streamers make a lot of money.

Heck, Critical Role have fans with their own nickname "Critters", sold their own merchandise, even got live performances, and just moved to their own new studio:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/06/18/critical-role-new-studio-content/

Quote:
This arc features guest appearances by Felicia Day, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, Wil Wheaton, and Will Friedle, adding a new twist to the now-divided adventuring band.

Critical Role has played with a live theater audience four times: the first for episode 60, Heredity and Hats, held on July 14, 2016, at the Landmark Theatre in Los Angeles; the second for episode 62, Uninviting Waters, held on August 6, 2016, at the Hilbert Circle Theatre in Indianapolis; the third for episode 109, The Ominous March, held on August 18, 2017, at the Old National Centre in Indianapolis; and the fourth for episode 29 of the second campaign, The Stalking Nightmare, held on August 3, 2018, at the Murat Theatre in Indianapolis.

It's like their own Touhou Project
Chester McCool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:26 am Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
Hasn't that been a thing for a while now?

I don't know, but I guess it now makes sense why they plug Crunchyroll all the time.
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:16 am Reply with quote
Ah, I love Critical Role. Jester is best girl. I'm hoping their live performance is in Indy next year again, I'd love to go since it's close by. Not many opportunities like that since most major events tend to be on the east or west coast

That Anime Crimes Division sounds interesting enough to check out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
capt_bunny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:17 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
Ah, I love Critical Role. Jester is best girl. I'm hoping their live performance is in Indy next year again, I'd love to go since it's close by. Not many opportunities like that since most major events tend to be on the east or west coast

That Anime Crimes Division sounds interesting enough to check out.

It really is good! I have seen all of season 1 and have yet to see season 2. But it's amazing by how many references are and how it was used in the plot. Maybe because I am a biased fan of ProZD.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:26 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Heck, Critical Role have fans with their own nickname "Critters",

I'm happy to call myself a Critter. I've been watching non stop every week since episode 3. As I'm writing this I'm waiting for tonight's episode to come on. I've never had a whole lot of interest in D&D, but somehow watching this brilliant group play struck the right cord with me. It's not just a group of people playing a game, that wold be boring, but they take role playing to a much higher level. Between the players' improv skills and Matt's story telling it's a real fantasy adventure that you can really see in your head.

And it isn't just about their show accomplishments, they've also generated hundreds of thousands of dollars in charity donations from fans. Their most recent campaign has helped Blair Herter (remember him from G4?) raise over $100K for the Pablove Foundation.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
anime_layer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:52 am Reply with quote
BreathoftheWater wrote:
NO ONE CARES!

I do!

Season 2 has been really great so far. S1 had lots of good ideas but not quite enough punch. S2 has upped to production values and it really helps to round everything out. It's a great comedy about anime and its fandom, props to Crunchyroll for producing it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1