• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha Comics Adds Forest of Piano, Are You Lost?, Kira-kun Today, Tokyo Revengers, Mikami-s

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calico

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Forest of Piano's first nine volumes will all release on October 2nd as well. Kodansha's English release also seems to be using a different release of the series than its original one, since it has different covers and 300+ pages per volume.

Edit: Also, the English title kinda bothers me. I feel like Piano Forest or The Forest of Piano would have sounded better.
Suxinn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:04 am Reply with quote
Oh man, I can't believe after all these years Piano no Mori is finally getting an English release! I can't wait to own it, and I hope it does well enough that it'll get some neat print editions too.

Otherwise, I completely missed Kodansha re-releasing Princess Resurrection, and I had no idea that it had a sequel! I'll definitely pick both up one of these days.
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:17 am Reply with quote
Smart move to not include the swastika from the original Tokyo卍Revengers title. Too many idiots don't know it's original religious meaning and about assume 'omg nazi manga. ban kodansha comics 4ever'.
manapear

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Glad Piano no Mori is coming. Kind of eh and meh on the rest.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Suxinn wrote:
Oh man, I can't believe after all these years Piano no Mori is finally getting an English release! I can't wait to own it, and I hope it does well enough that it'll get some neat print editions too.

Otherwise, I completely missed Kodansha re-releasing Princess Resurrection, and I had no idea that it had a sequel! I'll definitely pick both up one of these days.

But Kodansha never finished the original series. :/
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Wow, didn't know that Piano Forest was manga. So when are we getting a DVD release for the film?
A.R.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:53 am Reply with quote
I am really hoping they will continue this manga. I've read the first 10 volumes, and it's only half-way through the story!

I've emailed Kodansha to inquire about this, and I await reply.

Here's hoping it happens, because I LOVE this story, and would gladly add to the 10 ebook English translation volumes that Kodansha has already published!

Plleeeeeease, Kodansha?

(edited for typos add also to add the word "the" somewhere in there - and italics).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1