• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tada Never Falls In Love Anime's English Dub Stars Josh Grelle, Sarah Wiedenheft

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Sarah Weidenheft in a Sentai show? I might actually watch it despite passing on the show when it was airing. Also when was the last time Grelle was even IN a Sentai show? Much less as a lead.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:09 pm Reply with quote
This is looking more like a Funimation cast list. I am glad because it looks like a strong cast.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Okay but who dubs Nyanko Big?
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:16 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
This is looking more like a Funimation cast list. I am glad because it looks like a strong cast.

This really does look like a strong cast. I wish hidive would hurry with getting their xbox app up and running so I can start a subscription
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Since no one else is going to ask it... just WHAT is that accent? Alec seems to have a Russian accent while Teresa sounds Finnish, maybe? I thought it would be closer to French.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Since no one else is going to ask it... just WHAT is that accent? Alec seems to have a Russian accent while Teresa sounds Finnish, maybe? I thought it would be closer to French.

Well, Teresa is supposed to be Lithuanian. Not sure about Alec.

To my knowledge, Josh's last Sentai role before this was Infinite Stratos. Josh lives in the Dallas area, that helps explain why he is in Funi dubs more.

I think it was back in May that I left a comment on David Wald's FB Wall about this show and mentioning that I could see him voicing that fat cat in that episode.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:15 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
If I've got this right, VAs work for an agency and not a dubbing studio?, and they get them auditions(unless it is a show they actively go after). supposedly the ones closest to where they live are chosen first. So maybe after the current line up for Funimations current shows, these actors all had empty slots left so they got this show to fill them in?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:19 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
If I've got this right, VAs work for an agency and not a dubbing studio?, and they get them auditions(unless it is a show they actively go after). supposedly the ones closest to where they live are chosen first. So maybe after the current line up for Funimations current shows, these actors all had empty slots left so they got this show to fill them in?

Many Funi VA are contracted workers who do have agents that help them find work. I don't know how this works for people who actually employed by Funi, such as Clifford Chapin. The Funi VA doing work on a Sentai dub and vice versa has been going on for a long time. I am curious if the Funi VA use a Dallas studio to record with a Sentai sound engineer via SourceConnect.

Last edited by Kadmos1 on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:15 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I am curious if the Funi VA use a Dallas studio to record with a Sentai sound engineer via SourceConnect.
Jad Saxton mentioned in a panel earlier this year about going down to Houston for a day or 2, and Sentai VAs having to come up every week when they do simuldubs. It seems like only far away places like LA and New York that they use SourceConnect.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1