• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Certain Scientific Railgun Gets 3rd Anime Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:56 am Reply with quote
While I don't care much for Index, I like Railgun and look forward to more of it.

Stiles wrote:
I think certain Railgun fanboys are going to have a rude awakening watching this season when they realize this series is a lot less cute girls doing cute things than the previous seasons.

S already dealt with dark stuff.
kariocean2004

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:24 am Reply with quote
YES!!! That it is all.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:34 am Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
I crying tears of joy right now.

Accelerator is getting an anime too!? If they were gonna do all this why did it take so long!?!

You just answered your own question

Do you have any idea how much of a budget is needed to make just one cour?

We are know getting s3 of Index as well another season of railgun on top with an adaption of Accelerotor. it must have taken years to come up with all of this budget. an average 1 cour anime is 2.5 mil in us dollar so you do the math of this which is 2 cour for index plus accelerotor and railgun which i think are also 2 cour each at least.

With all of these announced to air in the same period. why it took them so long to annouce a s3 of index is not surprising actually if u think about it.
space.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Damn, Railgun and Accelerator. What a return to form for Raildex.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:27 pm Reply with quote
TyrantValvatorez wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:

Accelerator is getting an anime too!? If they were gonna do all this why did it take so long!?!

It's JC Staff, consecutive seasons and punctually usually isn't their thing. It took them six years to finish Shakugan no Shana when other studios would have it done in three.

Shakugan no Shana aired in 2005-2006, then 2007-2008 and finally 2011-2012. The gap for the final season made sense. The Light Novel was on-going at the time. The anime ended in March 2012 while the LN ended in September 2012. I'm not sure how different the endings are, but regardless it's still largely based on the LN. They didn't want to just make up an entire season. No studio could've finished this in 3 years when the content didn't even exist.
hack5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
YES! I like Railgun more than Index so I will be waiting for this one with bells on.

Me too I like Misaka more than Touma I like how her battles go,cunning and witful but with Tomua is just use his right hand(is it the right hand,its been so long I don't remember lol)and everything works out I know he also have some tough battles but Imagine breaker is such a cheat power,it comes of as unexciting even accelerator is more interesting than him .
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:21 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
TyrantValvatorez wrote:
Wonder if we're going to get an adaption of Liberal Arts City or just go straight into the Daihasei Arc. At the end of the Daihasei Arc we'll see the continued whining about Mikoto having to be saved by Touma from Railgun fanboys, again.

Considering this is a SPINOFF about Mikoto and her exploits, why wouldn't they get upset? Why would Touma get involved when he has his own main series? It makes sense with the Accelerator arc since both Index and Railgun share the same story, but what's the reason of getting him into the plot?

Yes, why would a guy that the main character has a crush on appear in her series? How dare Touma appear in a spin-off with several characters who are an important part of his story? Oh this is simply an outrage. Why should he get a couple scenes in a spin-off when he has his own series!??! You're right this is completely unacceptable!
Kamijou Touma

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I am just happy I loved Railgun so much. So a 3rd season is so great. FripSide for the opening.
#tw1306

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:06 pm Reply with quote
The best news I've heard in a long time! Now if only I could actually watch S3 of Index...

(also to all the people debating Index vs Railgun...why not both?)
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Railgun has longer arcs with less characters and mumble-jumble so I understand why people like it better than Index since its arcs take a long time to actually start mattering in the overall picture. I still like Index better because after reading almost all of the novels I think I have Stockholm syndrome.

But yeah, the next arc in Railgun has a lot less Misaka and a lot more of the ensemble cast - which includes lots of Touma and Kuroko
zrdb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I really like this series a lot so it's excellent to see we're getting more of it.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
YES! I like Railgun more than Index so I will be waiting for this one with bells on.

Yeah! This is the one I've especially been waiting for more of. Great news that now we're getting both back.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:54 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Ali07 wrote:
More Railgun, this makes me happy. Hopefully this means more Kongou too. Laughing

Yes it does!

Great news. I jumped into Railgun late, but Kongou is who I view as best girl. Laughing

I've been thinking of getting the manga, but maybe I'll hold off and see how much I enjoy this next season of the anime first.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:56 pm Reply with quote
The manga deals with Kongou a lot differently than the anime by the way (and much better, imo). She doesn't really show up until this arc that's about to begin in season 3.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I was unaware, clearly, hahaha. That's alright, not a deal breaker or anything for the manga. I've been thinking of getting more into the Index stuff. Only series I'm collecting is the Accelerator manga. And more so because it was the only series without an anime.

Which, obviously, is no longer the case. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3