• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass Hosts Event in Second Life Virtual World

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloyabun

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:00 am Reply with quote
People who uses "second life" scare me Confused
Banshou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:32 am Reply with quote
Me too...
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Just when I thought that Suzumiya Haruhi 2 had the most overkill ad campaign.............
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Can't say I blame them. Second Life tends to disturb me a bit as well but there's a market there and a relatively inexpensive means to reach them. It's not much different than marketing done via YouTube and MySpace. Companies recognize these online social groups as a potential market and since there's usually marginal costs involved in using them it's cheaper to reach them through the social site/software itself than to purchase banners.

It really is the future of advertising I think. With DVR's and adblockers and pop-up blockers it is just too easy to avoid advertising as it exists today. Companies are now getting more creative to develope ads that not only aren't as easy to avoid but also provide exposure people might actually willingly go to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1