• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Emma: A Victorian Romance English Dub Kickstarter Campaign Ends With US$253,834

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:29 am Reply with quote
Just the news that NoDubi is actually going to dub Emma is surprising alone, but they'll be wasting those peoples' money if they don't use actual British voices and not a bunch of Dick Van-Dyke's. Wink
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:26 pm Reply with quote
They hit $110,000 incredibly fast. I hope the success of this and the ARIA kickstarter will encourage more dubs of niche shows to be made.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:49 am Reply with quote
Don't be so sure,Chrizy. I wouldn't be surprised of something like that happening. But,I'm amazed Funimation didn't dub it while it had it. It doesn't seem like a bad anime to me. I hope it gets one someday. If there were a Kickstarter campaign for this,I'd donate to something like that. As for Mohawk52,I don't have a problem with this. They seem pretty good to me and they have an actual British woman helping out to make sure that it's done well. I have no doubt that this dub will be a good one. Also with Dick Van Dyke,he was pretty good in "Mary Poppins,"so I don't have a big problem with him.
Inverti Herikawa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see the campaign ended up as a massive success. I personally backed it as a massive dub fan myself. That's two successful dub campaigns from Nozomi in a row - methinks that Nozomi will do a dub campaign annually to let other niche shows get the dub treatment.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2