• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy Game Ships in Japan on February 21

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Wily

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:32 am Reply with quote
I still don't understand why it's only the first 3 games. I understand they're the most similar and form a semi-cohesive narrative, but I mean poor Apollo Justice is just constantly left hanging. Still just a DS game without voice acting or movie sections like more recent games, but apparently not classic enough to make it into the bunches of remakes and collections and ports the series has gotten recently. Why can't poor Polly get some love?
musouka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Gyakuten Saiban 4 was very, very poorly received in Japan when it came out. Yes, even though it sold well.

Apollo himself ended up being popular in the long run, but the supporting cast of GS4 didn’t follow him on that journey, which is why they have mostly been reduced to minimal cameos and why Trucy has not resumed a position as assistant (since that also gets questioned frequently.)
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Dr. Wily wrote:
I still don't understand why it's only the first 3 games. I understand they're the most similar and form a semi-cohesive narrative,

They're also the first half of a now six part franchise hence why four isn't apart of this collection.

Dr. Wily wrote:

but I mean poor Apollo Justice is just constantly left hanging. Still just a DS game without voice acting

.....none of the game's in any form have had full voice acting.

musouka wrote:
Gyakuten Saiban 4 was very, very poorly received in Japan when it came out. Yes, even though it sold well.

Apollo himself ended up being popular in the long run, but the supporting cast of GS4 didn’t follow him on that journey, which is why they have mostly been reduced to minimal cameos and why Trucy has not resumed a position as assistant (since that also gets questioned frequently.)

This was pretty damn blatant with their shifting focus back on to Phoenix hell even Athena wasn't spared the pickiness of the Saiban fanbase. That's why I dread whatever they intend on doing with 6.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1