• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: TsukiPro Franchise Gets 2nd Tsukiuta Anime Season, Live-Action Film, Cast Change, More Stage P

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:43 pm Reply with quote
i want more SOARA, TsukiPro s2 where are you?
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:02 am Reply with quote
So like.

Arata is my favorite character in anything. So. I was pretty sad about this change last night, especially since Hosoyan's voice is why I got into this series, and two of my other favorites (StarMyu and KamiAso). But I looked up koyomi's youtube, and he actually sounds really nice. He has that depth and sensuality that Arata needs to have. I'm going to trust them.

So, Arata.

Arata is the April representative. Part of his character is the motif that the cherry blossoms are beautiful, but they don't last, but they're more beautiful as they fall. The second stage play had him dying of tuberculosis in an AU (because he was Okita Souji). His superhero alter ego is called Heartbreak Red. (long story short, a magazine had a poll for best heartbreak song from anime idols, and one of his solo songs was #1, so...) Last year, he was the first character in the series to have a second stage actor, and now he's the first to have a second voice actor.

Loving Arata is hard. But it's totally worth it. He's... the best.

New unit = they have 81 idols now. Also, these two were in the same past unit with Shiki, Shu, and Takaaki.

New anime - !!! happy about it, whatever they do, because that means more attention on the series, but I hope it goes into the fantasy elements of the series.

They had three stage plays in the yokai AU this year. I love the stage actors, but I wanna see those kitsune ears and tails animated!

. . . . . . . . . . I also hope the animation is better than the first season.

They did announce a season 2 for ProAni (the Alive/SQ anime), so they'll probably have more info soon.

I'm surprised they didn't announce a VazzRock anime, but I feel like they probably will. ... I wanna see Naosuke and Shou animated <3

Soara live action is... a surprise, but I guess it stands to reason, since they play instruments. I guess they want to get that up close. I wonder if any of the stage actors will appear in it? Probably Growth, and probably the leaders.

Last edited by RegSuzaku on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:06 am; edited 2 times in total
ice_tea

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:14 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

As a Growth fan, I think I already heard the news of TsukiPro's season 2. Didn't expect Tsukiuta season 2 to be broadcast first.
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:23 am Reply with quote
ice_tea wrote:
Яeverse wrote:

As a Growth fan, I think I already heard the news of TsukiPro's season 2. Didn't expect Tsukiuta season 2 to be broadcast first.

It might not be, though. No dates have been announced for anything yet.

Also, there's a lot of Growth and Soara drama CDs, too.

I'm actually really excited for the Growth stage play, because like... well, I'm a huge theatre nerd in general, but Tsukipro's stage plays are amazing. They're way beyond the typical anime stage plays. They're not cheesy or cringey at all, and I have really high standards (I'm probably too picky, lol). They also tend to have fantasy AU stories, as opposed to just the daily life stuff in the anime and drama CDs.

So also, basically, they're constantly having new stories and things on twitter. If you don't read Japanese, there are a lot of people on Twitter and Tumblr translating their tweets. The main portion of the series is sort of, half drama CDs and half twitter scenes (which are sort of like 4koma).
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:58 am Reply with quote
It's interesting about Hosoyan's singing getting replaced. I know it hasn't been that long since he came back from his hiatus, but as far as I was aware, he was doing all right? Maybe it's just a taking it slow kind of thing, which. I'm perfectly fine with because I'd rather he recover properly than push himself and make things worse.

I'm slowly diving more into this franchise. I just watched Tsukiuta recently (because I hate Funimation's apps/website, but also refused to pirate it) but I enjoyed it even though the quality wasn't that great. (I cannot get GRAVITIC-LOVE out of my head!) Tsukipro, however, has definitely captured my heart. The anime has become a go to feel good for me and I've watched it like, five times now? Six? I've also got orders in for all the QUELL CDs that are out so far, and GROWTH is next on my list.

Quote:
I'm surprised they didn't announce a VazzRock anime, but I feel like they probably will. ... I wanna see Naosuke and Shou animated <3

Maybe they'll show up in season 2 as highlights like Gravi and Procella did in season 1. I haven't really delved into their stuff too much yet, especially since they're newer and I'm already years behind, but it would be nice if they were around!
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:54 am Reply with quote
rahzel rose wrote:

(...)

I'm slowly diving more into this franchise.
(...)

Yesssss~~ gooood~~~

The stage play blurays are... really expensive, but the stage plays are sort of the best part, especially if you like the Gravi and Procella characters. fff I wish this series were easier to get into, especially for overseas fans, but like. It'll happen when people demand it~ so yesss, get more and more into it~~ demand it and it'll come~ spread the tsuki love~

Definitely follow the official twitters, and check tumblr tags for translations if you need. They're constantly coming out with new stuff.

Oh and!
Alive and SQ fans might be interested to hear that for one of the new series, "Neo X Lied", they've announced which characters are writing the duet songs.

Sora and Koki - Sora
Mori and Kensuke - Mamoru
Soshi and Ryota - Sora
Ren, Nozomu, and Mamoru - Mamoru

Shiki and Issei - Shiki
Tsubasa and Ichiru - Shu
Rikka and Eichi - Shiki
Dai and Shu - Shu

So of course that means in real life, the two songs that are by Shu will be written by Quell's composer, and the rest will all be by John, but John definitely does different styles for Sora, Mamoru, and Shiki, so this is going to be really interesting. I'm excited to see the characters discussing it in the short stories and drama CDs.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:09 am Reply with quote
#884745 wrote:
The stage play blurays are... really expensive, but the stage plays are sort of the best part, especially if you like the Gravi and Procella characters. fff I wish this series were easier to get into, especially for overseas fans, but like. It'll happen when people demand it~ so yesss, get more and more into it~~ demand it and it'll come~ spread the tsuki love~

Surprisingly enough (for me, because I was expecting to,) I was not as grabbed by Gravi and Procella as I thought I would be. Which isn't to say that I don't like them, I definitely do. But I think because I got into Tsukipro first, that's where my heart has fallen, so to speak. I eventually do want to get all the live shows, but the CDs are coming first.

Quote:
Definitely follow the official twitters, and check tumblr tags for translations if you need. They're constantly coming out with new stuff.

I just started reading through a bunch of stuff (mostly QUELL) on tumblr, which has been awesome. Luckily I do know some Japanese from when I took classes in college, so I can pick out some stuff on my own, but my kanji comprehension is not nearly as good as my listening comprehension.

Quote:
Oh and!
Alive and SQ fans might be interested to hear that for one of the new series, "Neo X Lied", they've announced which characters are writing the duet songs.
(...)
So of course that means in real life, the two songs that are by Shu will be written by Quell's composer, and the rest will all be by John, but John definitely does different styles for Sora, Mamoru, and Shiki, so this is going to be really interesting. I'm excited to see the characters discussing it in the short stories and drama CDs.

Well, that sounds super awesome. Of course now I'm going to struggle even more to catch up with all the new CDs they're dropping, but I look forward to more of the story! (Sometimes I wish I could buy them all through itunes or something because I've been trying to cut down on how much physical media I buy, but alas!)
skywardprincessoftime

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:24 am Reply with quote
This is a pleasant surprise! I thought for sure TsukiPro season 2 (or a new season with VazzRock) would be before Tsukiuta season 2. Actually, I never thought we’d get Tsukiuta season 2, haha. Anime-wise I preferred TsukiPro, (Soara and Growth are my biases there) but I grew to love Tsukiuta due to the stage plays! I went down a rabbit hole one day after seeing Lunatic Live and I have zero regrets. I’ve imported 3 of the stage Blu Rays and plan to get all of them. A pity it’s so expensive ~ they’re totally worth it. All of them are so entertaining and the cast really seem to love what they do.

I’m a bit surprised to see they’re doing CyberDrive so close to Kurenai Enishi. Kurenai Enishi was huge, wasn’t it? I don’t know for sure as there’s barely any English news on it but I thought I read it was a big one. They must have essentially practiced for two shows at once. I have a strong Middle Group bias so I already have that one preordered.

Happy to see Soara and Growth get stage plays as sorry Quell, I’ve never cared for them. Definitely looking forward to their stage plays!

I wonder if Tsukiuta season 2 is related to the success of the stage plays? I dunno, I can barely find any information, haha. I’m glad Hosoya is returning for Arata’s (yeah, Arata does tend to get the short end of the stick) speaking voice at least, the character wouldn’t be the same without him. I’m sure the new singing voice will be great. It took me awhile to get used to Ryōhei over Taiki in the stage plays (because Taiki was incredible in the role) but Ryōhei does an admirable job.

Sorry for the fangirl ramblings, it’s nice to get news and see other people talking about Tsukiuta!
RegSuzaku

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:46 pm Reply with quote
skywardprincessoftime wrote:

I’m a bit surprised to see they’re doing CyberDrive so close to Kurenai Enishi. Kurenai Enishi was huge, wasn’t it? I don’t know for sure as there’s barely any English news on it but I thought I read it was a big one. They must have essentially practiced for two shows at once. I have a strong Middle Group bias so I already have that one preordered.

Kurenai Enishi was amazing~ It was very big. It was... incredibly impressive, how far they've come since they started this - particularly since Yumemigusa, since it was exactly two years, the two plays have a lot in common, and also, both had performances on Aoi's stage actor's birthday (which is actually Halloween), so that sort of ties them together.

They did Lunatic Party and Rabbits Kingdom in October and December last year, but they did the lighter, funnier one first (Lunatic) and the heavier, longer, more dramatic Rabbits after. I wonder if they're testing both to see which sequence works better?
As for Growth, their plan follows about the same as SQS did this year, with the first episode in May, and the second in November. Next year's plans for SQS and TsukiSta will probably be announced at their joint concert in December (Lunatic Live).

As for the reasons, I think they have an overall long-term plan for the series, including the stage plays, anime, CDs, etc., so I don't think it was because of the stage plays, I think they always meant to do this then, but the stage plays are really successful~

I'm just... really excited for the future of this series. They're doing so much interesting and innovative things... ughh it's just all beautiful.
manapear

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I never really got into TsukiPro and didn't really know what it was, but I guess now might be a good time to try and get into it? Nice to see so much passion and in-depth knowledge here from Western fans, since I'm used to seeing stuff from JP twitter the most.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1