• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fans Choose Top 10 Moments From Dragon Ball Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeino

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Piccolo Daimao through Cell as the most beloved part of Dragon Ball still confirmed then it seems, though it's nice to see love for the Buu arc too.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Good mentions. I personally fancy the old DB and DBZ. They were far more engaging and is very easy to love. The Goku SSJ1 transformation vs Frieza is practically my favorite DB moment. That was epic. Angered SSJ2 Gohan vs Cell follows, then Goku and Yajirobe ascending the Korin Tower.
Spoofer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Surprised and not surprised that there's so much love from Japan for all the godawful Buu nonsense.
#MuhBael

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Spoofer wrote:
Surprised and not surprised that there's so much love from Japan for all the godawful Buu nonsense.

Hey the Buu saga was legit good and bought back the comedy. The Anime also did a superb job adapting it with the best animation DB has ever had
#MuhBael

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Spoofer wrote:

Hey the Buu saga was legit good and bought back the comedy. The Anime also did a superb job adapting it with the best animation DB has ever had
Zeino

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Spoofer wrote:

By that logic, you should think that early Dragon Ball was "godawful" too since the Buu arc was a return to the roots of the series as an action comedy for the most part albeit now married to the serious save the world/universe plots that had been in place since Piccolo showed up.

Last edited by Zeino on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:23 pm Reply with quote
These are really cool moments, if I had to include one it would be the chapter/episode where Goku turns into Oozaru during the Pilaf saga. It was one of the few things in a show that scared me as a kid, seeing Goku becoming a mindless monster was actually pretty disturbing, I don't know if it counts as an iconic moment but I never see it being mentioned.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Whenever Yamucha dies or almost dies (be it in the various anime or manga), that's a good moment for me. Even Chris Sabat has knocked on how essentially useless Yamucha is.
Souther

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:03 am Reply with quote
Best moment for me was when Trunks made his first appearance. It really set the tone for the Android saga. “Frieza, the biggest and toughest villain up to that point, plus his dad and an army? Chumps. HERE’S the real threat. Plus guess who my parents are!”
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1