• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: SteveS Manga About Apple Co-Founders Gets Kickstarter Campaign for English Translation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:24 pm Reply with quote
But why should we wait for this to be translated when the greatest Apple-related manga is already available in English?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zof

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:24 pm Reply with quote
There was this hilarious fanfic on Usenet years ago where Steve Jobs was basically this moody sexist inventor that thought you could fix any social problem by making things more fashionable. I wish it still existed. It was absolutely hilarious. In it, Steve, along with "Jivey", a robot which was described as "a cheap copy of a robot made by Dieter Rams" worked for a "marketing demon" named Lord Regis McKenna. Steve, along with "Jivey" the robot, would try to save the world with fashion. The voice of reason would always be, Wozo, The Guy That Actually Knows Things. He'd try to talk them out of their marketing inspired stupidity and they'd never listen. It was some of the finest honest parody I've ever seen. Case in point: You won't ever read a single thing about Apple that mentions it was entirely a Regis McKenna creation. But it was.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:31 pm Reply with quote
I kind of wish we were getting the Mari Yamazaki one too/instead, but this seems pretty good. TBH, the first chapter is pretty wildly over-the-top, so I'll be interested to see if it maintains that mix of energy and infodump.

Guess what I'm saying is, I'm in for ¥6800.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1