• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:25 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I do immediately recognize My Hero Academia's Izuku and Aizawa in the voice cast.

Funny, what I zeroed in on was recognizing Thunderbolt Fantasy's Shāng Bù Huàn (Abbacchio) and Lǐn Xuě Yā (Mista).

Has he been carrying around his piss-filled jellyfish tooth all this time, or did he get rid of it along the way? oO I keep thinking he's still got it and it will come in handy either fighting the enemy or giving Abbacchio his comeuppance. Smile
Echii

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:39 pm Reply with quote
The review is bullshit. Every episode should be A or A+

Even garbage like fairy tail are getting B. How come jojo is only B for episode 5?
Stelman257

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:23 pm Reply with quote
The talk about the birds was a power play/threat by the two guys. Balloon man saying they were Seagulls which meant they were close to the shore was to make Bruno think he was on a tight time limit. Bruno pointed out that they were actually Black Gulls just to screw with him and show he wasn't scared at all.
The fly was just following the villains "unseen" movements since he was dragging around the bodies of Bruno's mates with him, so basically yeah it just ended up being this weird avatar for the villain. Absolutely hype as hell episode.
PsychoPearl

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:31 pm Reply with quote
That dance scene. though. As a manga reader, I knew it was coming, but David Production made it better than I expected it would be. You can see the love they put into this anime, especially part 5. <3
aaa1e2r3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:31 pm Reply with quote
They took 4 panels and turned it into 45 seconds absolute glory
AngryMoM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:51 pm Reply with quote
They made the dance scene better that i ever hoped.
3ngag3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:00 pm Reply with quote
If I remember correctly, the manga seemed to imply that Narancia was listening to the Prince Song "Pussy Control" and the track playing during the dance was a reasonable facsimile thereof.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:50 pm Reply with quote
The dance scene is one of those things that you have no idea how they are going to actually make it happen, because it's so short in the manga, but that was amazing. I swear every season of JoJo's is stuffed full of scenes that are instant classics.
Zof

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I remember reading this amazing opinion once on a season of a TV show. The depth of the analysis was terrifying. The comparisons made between deities and figures from history, solid. The in depth character studies. The comparison of B.A. Barachus to a modern day John Henry. Yes, it was a post about the A-Team made by a 12 year old boy. I'm reminded of that post today for some reason.
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:22 pm Reply with quote
This show is the best show.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:10 am Reply with quote
It's kind of weird that the viewer ratings don't reflect all the love here. The first 4 episodes clocked in at 4.5, then dropped to 3.9 for the next two, and now stands at 3.6. I haven't noticed a big change in the quality of the episodes, or posters' reactions to explain that. I mean, if everybody liked the first 4 episodes so much, what happened that has put people off after that? Or is somebody just hate-rating it to prop up a favored series? oO Usually I don't notice or care about this that much, especially reviewer grades vs viewer ratings, but this kind of nosedive is odd.

Anyway, dat torture scene. Shocked How's he supposed to rat out his mate with his mouth zipped shut? Cringey as it was, I gotta admit, there was some real creativity on display there. Smile And I already love the Sex Pistols (Six Bullets, foo). I especially like how Mista interacts with them. Like wrangling a bunch of five year old quintuplets. He'll make a fine daddy some day.
alconnow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:24 pm Reply with quote
I can’t stop laughing at how Sale’s stand name was changed to Arts & Crafts...
I’m looking forward to seeing the rest of the stand name changes

Last edited by alconnow on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
It's kind of weird that the viewer ratings don't reflect all the love here. The first 4 episodes clocked in at 4.5, then dropped to 3.9 for the next two, and now stands at 3.6. I haven't noticed a big change in the quality of the episodes, or posters' reactions to explain that. I mean, if everybody liked the first 4 episodes so much, what happened that has put people off after that? Or is somebody just hate-rating it to prop up a favored series? oO Usually I don't notice or care about this that much, especially reviewer grades vs viewer ratings, but this kind of nosedive is odd.

Nor is it reflected in the episode rankings, as the most recent episode made third in the weekly rankings, despite supposedly being its lowest rated episode (similar things seem to be happening with Rascal and Thunderbolt Fantasy, among others potentially). When every other indicator is pointing in the opposite direction, I think it is safe to conclude that the community rating for the show has been polluted by bad votes, especially the weekly rankings, where they have taken measures to weed out bad votes due to previous bouts of vote manipulation screwing with the rankings.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The Speed comparison really gets my imagination going about how JoJo's would fare in live-action (sacrilege, I know), especially now that the series' cast consists of more normally-proportioned adult men.

Bite your tongue! A live-action JoJo's would be an abomination. Even Hollywood doesn't have enough quality actors who could rock the wardrobe, never mind the poses. It would just look ridiculously silly. Hell, Golden Wind's fashions even look pretty stupid in animation, but since it's JoJo, I can overlook it.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Quote:
The Speed comparison really gets my imagination going about how JoJo's would fare in live-action (sacrilege, I know), especially now that the series' cast consists of more normally-proportioned adult men.

Bite your tongue! A live-action JoJo's would be an abomination. Even Hollywood doesn't have enough quality actors who could rock the wardrobe, never mind the poses. It would just look ridiculously silly. Hell, Golden Wind's fashions even look pretty stupid in animation, but since it's JoJo, I can overlook it.

Hasn't this bridge already been crossed with the Diamond is Unbreakable live action movie? We don't really need to imagine what a live action Jojo would look like, one way or the other.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 14