• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New to the forums, can't post

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Hpilbog wrote:
I can't post too.

Fixed.

I've also added your initial post about a duplicate person to the relevant thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NeverKnewINeeded

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm having the same issues here too with none of my posts showing up. I made my account not too long ago myself. Hopefully, things can be resolved for me in a timely manner.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:18 pm Reply with quote
NeverKnewINeeded wrote:
I'm having the same issues here too with none of my posts showing up. I made my account not too long ago myself. Hopefully, things can be resolved for me in a timely manner.

The reason for that is your first post tripped one of our automatic security features. This automatically placed your account on moderation which means moderators have to review and approve, or remove, your posts before they show up in the forum publicly. Unfortunately sometimes the security features to keep as many of the bots out as possible catch a legitimate user. Most times we simply remove the moderation status for the new user and approve the posts awaiting review.

Your first post however was subsequently removed and not approved because it was rude and trollish towards another user. There was nothing else to the post but the rude comment that only served to insult the user and bait them into a response. Which clearly violated our rules. Due to that your account did not have the moderation status removed off of it. That is why your multiple attempts to post in the Mirai Golden Globes never went through. They are all sitting in the staff section waiting to be reviewed. Which I just did. I edited 1 of the multiple attempts and posted it. The reason I had to edit one first before posting it is because you were again being rude and antagonistic towards another user. The fact that you have tried to post such comments and attitude immediately after joining is why your account is going to stay on moderation for the time being. I suggest you review our rules on conduct towards other users. If you can post without insulting users and being overly antagonistic then the mods can review the idea of removing the moderation status from your account.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:08 am Reply with quote
I am new also in this forum.But I can post and give reply.I think you should check now for once again.!
DenimAndLeather

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I am having this same issue.

I know the post it is related to since it was removed, I have no idea why though considering content of others in that thread, it didn't break any guidelines / rules and it was relevant, the guy I was quoting was bizarrely removed as well.

Any post since I am getting this, none have been 'approved'.

Some clarification would be appreciated.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I can answer both of you.

First, #890382 your second account that you are posting with here is moderated because your first account was asking about completely off topic and unrelated microsoft service support. That has nothing to do with ANN, and this is probably just a spam account.

Second, DenimAndLeather your account is on moderation because this is an alt account for your main one, MaskOfBrutality. Which was banned from this site by Zac. So any questions should be messaged to him directly. Unless he says otherwise this account, and any further ones you might create, are staying on moderation. That means your posts sit in the staff section and have to be reviewed by a moderator first before either being approved or removed. Once (if) approved they show up publicly. I would highly suggest you not create anymore alt accounts and message Zac directly to state your case. If you keep making alt accounts I can pretty much assure you he will simply perma ban all of them.
Kuhachoco

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:21 pm Reply with quote
So I guess this is why my post didn't show up? Clicked and nothing happened
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5087950#5087950
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Your account was snagged by one of the forum;s auto security filters. Your post has since been merged with the thread so it's there now. I also removed the moderation status from your account so your posts should show up normally now.
Jin_Uzuki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Hello, I can't seem to post.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:54 pm Reply with quote
When you originally signed up in November you first few posts (which were all the same post) were snagged by one of our auto security features. The fact all of them were you trying to post a photo that would antagonize a heated discussion at the time, and nothing else, is why those posts never got approved. As for your current set of posts I have removed 3 of them but merged 1 of them into that discussion. I also removed the moderated status from your account so you can post normally now.
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:07 pm Reply with quote
I have the same issue and I'm far from new.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:27 am Reply with quote
^
In your case it's because you're on indefinite moderation following posts you made about the Chinese Government's policy on gay-themed content.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sven Laguz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:46 am Reply with quote
Help, I am new here as I decided perhaps it is time for me to join here after a good number of years (3-4 Razz)

I tried posting, but I got the Your Post Does Not Exist message.

I tried on a different thread, but the same thing happened. Then I tried to create a thread to post my thing, but I got the same message.

Can anyone send help?
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:11 pm Reply with quote
^
Likewise, you're on moderation due to the inflammatory posts you made.
Helsphmi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I have the same issue...I can't post in topics.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7